2006 airstream interstate 2500 house battery charging issues

weather command

my house battery will not charge after driving. The generator, lights, fridge etc all struggle to perform. the battery has 25k miles on it..about a year and 3/4....I went from getting 3-4 nights of boondocking without driving to charge to maybe 1 night and now looks like i wont even get one night? Any thoughts, ideas? THANKS!!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
(a) check all circuit breakers
(b) "after driving" ... so do you mean from shore power?
(c) There have been a number of recent threads by other RV brand owners chasing those down ... they'd provide "generic" hints
((search for "charge shore power" or "charging shore power"))
(d) a number of folks have reported a bad connection where the shore power cable meets the internal wiring (i.e. inboard of the shore connector ... where the connector's wires are (usually) wire-nutted to the internal wiring)

--dick

mrcolin2u

2005 Sprinter
If the battery falls below a certain voltage it will be permanently damaged and will need to be replaced.
If I'm dry camping more than one day I use a portable solar panel ( from Costco) which keeps the house battery charged .

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
How old is the battery; what is the battery type- what voltage reading do you get?
and how low and how often do you discharge the batteries and to what voltage?
I got all that information by installing a Victron Smart Shunt so I know what is using the most amps/watts and I can watch live how low the voltage goes if I have appliances that suck up lots of power so I do not discharge below a critical 10.5 Volts.
I have solar panels to recharge the house batteries and I can also use the generator if really needed.

Top Bottom