Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 09-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
stroomphy

Default 313 Motor Questions

am driving a 2001 Sprinter 313CDI. In the process of preparing for the ‘big trip’ I arranged to get a Carnet de Passage. As one of the requirements of the CdP is I needed the MOTOR NUMBER.

With a bit of work, and a camera, I got the motor number from engine. Surprisingly, it turns out that the motor number ON the motor is NOT the same as on the what is listed on the MB workorders. The previous owner says he knows nothing.
So maybe the motor has been changed. I have had discussions with three different MB dealerships (France, Germany and Russia) and have not received any help. It seems that while they need the vehicle registration to order a simple fuel filter, they cannot seem to search their database for information on this motor.

Instead of the original OM611 motor it seems I have an OM 646.989 (51-838464) series motor.

Can anyone tell me:
1. The date of production of this motor
2. The provenance of the motor – a crate or another sprinter
3. The proper oil for this motor is MB228.51 or MB229.51
4. Does this series of motors have a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)?
5. This motor series is EURO3 or EURO4 or EURO5 spec (which will affect my trip as I plan to go into Uzbekistan, known for really poor diesel…)

thanks
Chris
stroomphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Default Re: 313 Motor Questions

Search for general forum member Sailquik who provided datacard info to GoJohnGo below. You send a private message with your VIN. Nice of him to do that.

The datacard info may provide more info off the VIN as to what was originally ordered on van. The one GoJohnGo posted was pretty detailed.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=44
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Then try the German Friends of James Cook website. They should have folks with more knowledge of your version (in the USA, the first Sprinters were 2002 models or so and the only Westies were on 2004 models--so more limited experience with other versions/models than the European folks).
Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Also, try posting in the T1N subforum. Will have broader audience than just RVers plus there are Europeans and Australians/New Zealanders there.

In the USA, we only had one engine, the 2.7 liter engine, for 2002-2006 (2 slightly different versions of 2.7 liter). Our model years even lasted one year longer while the rest of the world was getting the newer NCV model.