Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

Darolh

I haven't hit my 10k interval yet (on my 2011) but others seem to be having issues with the procedure published for earlier models. Some are saying it cannot be done with what was working on 2009 and older models.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I haven't hit my 10k interval yet (on my 2011) but others seem to be having issues with the procedure published for earlier models. Some are saying it cannot be done with what was working on 2009 and older models.
I'm one of those unfortunate souls with a van that can't reset ASSYST using the instrument cluster.

Please read the attachements to the first posting in this thread:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10150

Statistics are on your side. The instructions to reset ASSYST work on most 2007+ vans. Don't borrow trouble from the future. If it's a 2011 van, you can take it to a dealership, show the instructions to reset ASSYST, demonstrate they don't work on your van and they can beat up Daimler for a fix under warranty.

-Jon

kendall69

..I'm one of those unfortunate souls with a van that can't reset ASSYST using the instrument cluster.

Please read the attachements to the first posting in this thread:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10150

Statistics are on your side. The instructions to reset ASSYST work on most 2007+ vans. Don't borrow trouble from the future. If it's a 2011 van, you can take it to a dealership, show the instructions to reset ASSYST, demonstrate they don't work on your van and they can beat up Daimler for a fix under warranty.

-Jon
Hey Jon, I hear ya man. I haven't been able to do it for FOUR YEARS...until today YEA !!!!!!!!!!!!.

I've read a dozen different ways to do this and this one worked PERFECT for me today. Here's what I did.

1. Put the key in the ignition and switch it on without starting the engine.
2. The ASSYST mileage will show, when the mileage shown returns to the vehicle mileage, IMPORTANT the mileage of the vehicle needs to return THEN and ONLY then hit the O button.....hold the O button down till you hear a beep (could take a while) and you will hear one soft little beep – then move on to the M button.

3. As soon as you hear the beep, press the M button once to see the menu, then repeatedly and a number of reset menus will appear. Select "reset 51" (don't know what the other reset menus are for)
4. At reset 51 press the O button until a number 2 appears, release the O button, then press it twice and the LCD should show "display reset done"

I seriously can't believe this one worked I have up looking for a solution.

I got it hear and tweaked the instructions as just the word MILEAGE was throwing me off. I thought it was the last oil change mileage that was in the window with the wrenches, but if you wait those number will go away and show the ACTUAL VEHICLE mileage. That was they key for me.

Now I have to go out and get these instruction made into a brass plaque and super glue it to my dash board. :rad:

Last edited:

dodger413

i finally used this video and reset my oil change setting. thank you very much.

BUT is there any deciphering of all the other number info, settings, whatever you'd like to call them. they must mean something, and perhaps some important diagnostic info. i get the oil level setting, seems evident, but other numbers that pop up give NO clue to what they are referring.

forgive me, someone must have asked this before. is there any explanation somewhere on the forum? i've used the search function, but have come up dry.

seems things are way more difficult than they should be. the dash readings MUST be telling the operator something important, no?

burnejr

Retired and lovin' it
I have a 2011 Winnebago on a 2010 Sprinter and reset the Assyst last night. The previous printed instructions was not working for me, I held the O button until my thumb hurt, no beep. My wife came out and said why not try holding M and O together. Holding both buttons together I got the beep within 10 seconds. Then letting go both, and pressing M I got the menu(s), each press took me to another, at 51 menu, held O in until the 2 came up, then released O, then pressed it twice, got reset done message.

when I checked the Assyst millage it reports 10000 to next service and shows 2 wrenchs, as you probably know 2 wrenches mean the next service is a maintenance service instead of the oil change plus (1 wrench indicates oil chg +)

One other note when I first turn my keep to 2 position I don't get the Assyst millage, it just shows vehicle millage.

Taking her to my regular mechanic for oil and filter change today

papap

How do you do this on on ith no wheel controls.

I haven't been following the reset of assyst with steering whell buttons. If it has be solved then don't pay any attention to this post.

Reset Assyst, steering wheel with buttons.

1.) Switch on ignition. The total kilometers (miles?) must be displayed in order to reach the "service scope x in xxx km" menu. Should the total kilometers not be shown in the display, press the system selection button in the lower control panel (S111s3) until the total kilometers are displayed.

2.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward/back button (S111s1) several times until "service scope x in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

3.) Press button 0 (lower left) on the instrument cluster for approx. 30 seconds until a beep sounds.

4.) Press the lower control panel of the system selection button (S111s3) once.

5.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1) until "Service in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

6.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster. The menu "Carry out" appears in the multifunction display.

7.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The selection menu "Oil types" appears in the display.

8.) Press the upper control panel on the button + and - (S110s1) repeatedly until the desired oil type is marked in the display.

9.) Select mark oil type with the upper control panel of the scroll forward and backward button (S111s1).

10.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approx. 3 seconds until the display "Service confirmed" appears in the multifunction display.

11.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The newly adjusted service scope appears in the display.
View attachment 24637

Regards,

Keith

kmessinger

How do you do this on on ith no wheel controls.
This worked for most '07 and '08 but there have been exceptions.

To reset Assyst

Turn ignition to position 2. Press O button (bottom on the left) for 30 seconds. Release after you hear a beep and press M (upper on the left).

Scroll through the messages until you reach the Reset Std message. If you are using either 229.31 or 228/229.51, you can scroll to Reset.31 or Reset.51 respectively using the M button. This selects the oil type in use.

Now, when the appropriate oil type is selected- press O for 6 seconds until ”2” is displayed. Press O once again briefly and the ”done” message will confirm that the job is finished.

http://www.ourexcellentadventures.com/assyst-reset-and-other-menus/

papap

I reset the reset 51 screen because I used Mobil 1 rated 229.51. Ok it reset miles to 10000. But i still have engine light on and 2 wrenches on the mileage service due screen. Also on one screen it shows code 0208. Any clue?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I reset the reset 51 screen because I used Mobil 1 rated 229.51. Ok it reset miles to 10000. But i still have engine light on and 2 wrenches on the mileage service due screen. Also on one screen it shows code 0208. Any clue?
Can you post a picture of each "screen?"

Jenner

I just discovered how to re-set my assyst on my 2008 Sprinter by myself with no tools, etc. I have NO steering wheel buttons. 3.0 Diesel with 160,000 miles on it now.
Here is the procedure.
How to reset ASSYST on 2008+ Sprinter W/O steering wheel buttons

1. Doors shut, Turn key to on position.
2. Wait for reminder mileage to clear (few seconds)
3. Hold “0” button down until you hear beep.
4. Release “0”, push “M” button repeatedly until see reset ‘51’
5. Release “M” button Press “0” button(6 seconds)until #2 displayed
6. Press “0” again briefly & see reset message.
7 This resets for 10,000 miles

Thanks for listening, It's taken me 4 years to get this information. Hope you can use it.
Steve Jenner (jenner@flash.net)

bill ward

I just discovered how to re-set my assyst on my 2008 Sprinter by myself with no tools, etc. I have NO steering wheel buttons. 3.0 Diesel with 160,000 miles on it now.
Here is the procedure.
How to reset ASSYST on 2008+ Sprinter W/O steering wheel buttons

1. Doors shut, Turn key to on position.
2. Wait for reminder mileage to clear (few seconds)
3. Hold “0” button down until you hear beep.
4. Release “0”, push “M” button repeatedly until see reset ‘51’
5. Release “M” button Press “0” button(6 seconds)until #2 displayed
6. Press “0” again briefly & see reset message.
7 This resets for 10,000 miles

Thanks for listening, It's taken me 4 years to get this information. Hope you can use it.
Steve Jenner (jenner@flash.net)
Gentlemen-
On 2007 Sprinter w/ 2008 Winnebago camper on it and no steering wheel buttons I followed above instructions to the letter yesterday. I could get into reset menu but not reset. Today, same thing but while tried holding 'M' down while in step 4-5 and pushing 'o', it reset.
I also own a 2009 mb 320ml with same engine(also has bluetec) and my dealer says 'push buttons at random til it resets'. this works but PIA. Somewhere there is a secret code that we are not being told of. Best advice I've got is perseverance and try pushing other buttons. bill

4wheels

Just changed oil today . Was trying to reset that dash light , my door was closed , was holding that button for 2 min and no beep. My van is 08 with steering buttons .

I have a wrench and it says - Service A due in 300 miles . So my question is : can I reset it now , or do I need to drive 300 miles more , in order to reset it ?
I changed oil because I ll go to 2000 miles trip in a week

treadmill

I have a 2012 2500 Sprinter with steering wheel buttons. I have tried all of the suggestions only to have a bruised thumb. I do not have the M button. On the left side the top button is for oil level and the bottom button is for mileage or trip reset. Any suggestions???

Last edited:

ebear

Treadmill, try this to reset your Maintenance reminder:

Just note that MY 2008 2500 does NOT say "service scope in XXX miles/kms".......It says "service due in XXX miles/km" and mine resets with the drivers door closed.

Reset Assyst, steering wheel with buttons.

1.) Switch on ignition. The total kilometers (miles?) must be displayed in order to reach the "service scope x in xxx km" menu. Should the total kilometers not be shown in the display, press the system selection button in the lower control panel (S111s3) until the total kilometers are displayed.

2.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward/back button (S111s1) several times until "service scope x in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

3.) Press button 0 (lower left) on the instrument cluster for approx. 30 seconds until a beep sounds.

4.) Press the lower control panel of the system selection button (S111s3) once.

5.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1) until "Service in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

6.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster. The menu "Carry out" appears in the multifunction display.

7.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The selection menu "Oil types" appears in the display.

8.) Press the upper control panel on the button + and - (S110s1) repeatedly until the desired oil type is marked in the display.

9.) Select mark oil type with the upper control panel of the scroll forward and backward button (S111s1).

10.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approx. 3 seconds until the display "Service confirmed" appears in the multifunction display.

11.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The newly adjusted service scope appears in the display.

GOOD LUck and make sure you come back and leave a message if it works or not.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom