Is a 26" long black/gray tank drain hose tube long enough?

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
My 2004 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser did not come with a sewer hose storage tube. The previous owner apparently high centered enough to tear it off from underneath. I think the original tube was only about 26',....so, I ordered one that length,...but the package say it will only hold an 8 foot long hose in its collapsed form. The 26" will easily install on top of the rear bumper and leave space to step up on the bumper anything longer will have to go underneath and will require custom made brackets and will require lying on the ground under the van to get the hose out of the tube,...so the shorter tube on top of the bumper is appealing,.....is an 8' sewer hose going to be long enough?

.....is an 8' sewer hose going to be long enough?
Assuming that you can pull up close to the proper side of the dump station, in my experience with our 23' travel trailer, an 8 ft hose would be enough. Most modern dump stations are pretty well designed for access. Older campgrounds can be a bit of a crap shoot. Pun intended.

:cheers: vic

bcolins

2004 158" Vista Cruiser
Assuming that you can pull up close to the proper side of the dump station, in my experience with our 23' travel trailer, an 8 ft hose would be enough. Most modern dump stations are pretty well designed for access. Older campgrounds can be a bit of a crap shoot. Pun intended.

Thanks for the input Vic. Just to clarify,...do you have an 8' hose, and found it to be adequate?

Appreciate the intended pun!:clapping:

...do you have an 8' hose, and found it to be adequate?

Yep. Actually the tube stored hose that came with the trailer is about 5 ft long, maybe less. Most times that works. The longer hose stows in an outside access cubby. My trailer sewer connection is left side, low and pretty much even with the outside wall. Location of the vehicle connection does matter to a point.

Top Bottom