OM647 CCV Breather / Oil Pressure Issue

LittleGiant_Joe

Hey all, this is my first post here. I'm working on a 2004 3500 with the OM647 engine.

Recently I got a code that popped up for a faulty Air Intake Temperature Sensor. I pulled the sensor to find it coated in oil which I traced back to excess oil coming from the CCV breather. (This van belongs to a rental shop and i'm guessing one of the employees here overfilled the oil at some point.)

I pulled the old CCV Breather and replaced it with a new one, replaced the intake air temperature sensor and checked the oil level with the dipstick.

Problem is that when one of my coworkers tried to start the truck again, it spit oil out of the dipstick port. Is it possible the new breather is bad or not functioning properly? maybe too much oil is still in the crankcase? I opened the breather back up earlier and everything looks normal- at least visually.

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Agree with the others and they beat me to it!

Where did you get the new breather from?

Keith.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Sounds like a bad batch of parts to me. Does happen, even to the good shops. Though its less likely to happen with OEM parts from the dealer (at a crazy cost sometimes).

Top Bottom