DTC's - 15 of them...

Rezenthel

Hello guys, again I need your help. Finally received a "competent" scanner tool. It came up with a total of 15 faults...

You can see all of them in pictures.

Im kinda worried and wondering where to start first with all of theses. This is chinese to me :/ You guys see any priorities or really bad stuff ? Im about to swap a new transmission in the sprinter.. Should I keep investing money in the van or just get rid of it ?!

Attachments

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Looks like a badly adjusted wheel speed sensor, and maybe a canbus or power supply issue to the ESP/ABS/CAB module. I would clear the codes and see which ones come back.

WHeel speed sensor codes can often be caused by sensors that need adjusted, or by dirty tone wheels.

The diagnostic code definitions and lots of useful service info are on this site.

http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference

Last edited:

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Check the stack of three horizontal fuses under the driver’s seat...?
These look a lot like the errors I triggered by pulling the CAB/ESP fuses (I was simulating errors last week while testing my code reading functions)

Could also be a general fault within the CANBUs twisted pair blocking comm’s between modules.

-dave

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Noobie question, is it possible these codes can be related to a faulty conductor plate ?
I doubt it?
The rear wheel speeds are measured by the CAB/ESP module using the wheel speed sensors, then transmitted via canbus to the TCM, which uses them to compute the output shaft speed, confirming gear engagement. The TCM will lock you in Park without these CAB/ESP messages (as I confirmed when I pulled the CAB’s power fuse)

-dave

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The code definitions are over here.

http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/T1N_CompleteSprinterFaultCodeGuide.pdf

I did not see any codes from the TCM, so its hard to know if there is any issue present there.

THe conductor plate just connects the sensors and solenoid valves in the trans to the TCM. There is no electronics inside the trans, all of that is inside the TCM. The TCM communicates with the rest of the van via canbus wire pair, and has a K-line communication which goes to the diagnostic port by the drivers feet.

Top Bottom