Introduce yourself

poolmike

'05 2500 SHC
I'll start it up.

I'm Mike. I live with my wife, Pam, in Richboro PA (just north of Philly). I operate a swimming pool service company with my Sprinter as my trusty steed. Classic cars/trucks are my hobby. I am in the process of resto/modding a 60's era military Jeep truck, and a couple of late 60's Austin Mini's. I'm a do-it-myself mechanic and can't wait to start some performance mods on the Sprinter.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Born in Hong Kong, raised in Hawaii (Honolulu) since 1.5yrs. Mom and sister are still there, but I left for college after high school. I live with my wife and son in San Jose, CA (45 min south of San Francisco). I work as an EE in the Silicon Valley and have been here since '89.

I'm a mod crazy guy when it comes to vehicles (cars, vans, motorcycles). I like to hack the electronics, machine metal parts, and weld (TIG). I just sold my precious 00 Jeep Wrangler (I'm going to miss that thing) so that I could turn an R1 into a streetfighter.

I spend at least a day out of the weekend with my wife and son and try to get out every Sunday early morning for some exercise in the dirt riding my motorcycle.

We love to travel and chose the Sprinter for our current/future road trips.

Seek

veepster

Der Newbie
Hi folks,

I think this is gonna be a great place to hang out! Professionally I am an aircraft mechanic/inspector but also have extensive background in automotive repair. Obsessed tinkerer would be a good way to describe me, as I can seem to find interest in just about anything with more than two moving parts. Other passions include my long time girlfriend and our two dogs. (pugs)

I don't want to get too windy here:)

Till next time,
Veep

michigandon

Hi everyone,

I hope this place grows. Not much for Sprinter info out there. My better half uses our 2005 118" low roof mainly for her work as a Maintenance/HVAC tech. With the advent of a quality B20/B99 suplier in the neighborhood, I launched a campaign to phase out gasoline power in our household as much as possible. She uses the Sprinter as a DD and I drive a TDI, and we also have a vintage motorhome that we repowered with a Cummins out of a Dodge pickup, and I'm also resto-modding an M38a1 Jeep that's going to be getting an OM616 from a 240D as well as a '79 CJ7 that's going to be powered by a Nissan SD33/NP435/Dana 18 combo!

Oh yeah, I also mow my lawn and plow my driveway with a grey market Yanmar.:)

beaulieub

Hi Boys n Girls!

I'm Bert from Lake Winnipesaukee NH. I own/operate a campground here in NH and spend the winters being irresponsible for 5 months in Yuma, AZ. Lately, I've been on an old Mercedes Diesel kick. I own 4 vehicles and 3 are Mercedes diesels. Plan on running Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) in my 1980 300SD this winter down in AZ. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Oh - this picture is not me ,grin. but rather my dog Dudley.

Bert - NH
:)

pgr

Hi all,

I have a silver 140 Hi-Top passenger van I expect to start converting over to a camper this winter.

My wife & I live in Durham, NH (near Portsmouth).

Paul Riccardi

Prostar

Hello to all you Sprinter lovers,
My name is Larry and I live in Rancho Mirage, Ca. I bought New a 2005 Pleasure-way B Class Motor Home on the 2500 Lwb HC van chassis. I have put on approx. 15000 Miles and love it. I even drove it to New York City.
I hope this web site becomes popular with all us folks who love and own sprinter.
My best to all.

Llarry

Llamasine driver
I'm a retired Navy guy. My wife and I lived in Maryland with llamas in a big back yard until 3 years ago, when we bought 15 acres of pasture and woods near Sublimity, Oregon (20 miles east of Salem, Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains) and moved west.

For years, we hauled llamas in a minivan -- a Dodge Caravan, then a Honda Odyssey -- but the fit was tight and we could only get two in at a time. We saw a Sprinter on a visit to Oregon and started investigating. I ordered a 2003 158-inch wheelbase passenger model in Maryland, intending to load the llamas and drive across country. When delivery was delayed, I ran out of time and cancelled the order. I hired a livestock transport guy to haul 7 llamas from Maryland to Oregon and ordered a 2004 Sprinter in Oregon.

Our Sprinter does not have many miles: something like 6K in 30 months, but we love the van and couldn't live without it. We have a loading ramp in the back and keep only the two-seat bench in the van. We've hauled hay, fencing, lumber, etc., etc. The largest number of llamas we've ever hauled is five, but I think the Sprinter would take ten or so for a short trip. Our herd is now up to 12. Since an adult llama is about 300 lbs, we would bump against the GVWR with a big load of the critters.

One nice feature of llamas; they are born more-or-less potty-trained! They generally only go where others have gone -- we call it "the poop pile." So they do not go in the Sprinter. Very civilized. In case of accidents or muddy feet, we do have a thick, large plastic liner in the Sprinter in back of the seats.

Our Sprinter is stock except for an Alpine head unit and modest speaker upgrade and a two-tone paint job. I've eyed alloy wheels and a Mercedes grille, but can't talk my wife into it. I think she's still a little peeved about the $2500 two-tone paint job! :o

Attachments

Last edited:

soflo316

I'm Todd, from South Florida. I just bought a short/low Silver 06 for my start-up boat dealership business. We sell ONLY electric-propelled boats, specifically the one from LEAR out of California (think LEARJET). I'll be doing some towing and shuttling people around to the dock from the store and such. So far I've driven 750 miles, but have spent at least as much time tweaking and modding the thing as driving it.

Todd

W. Todd Sims, Vice President
EPower Marine
v 617.970.5181
f 857.401.3011

Attachments

TimT

My name is Tim and my wife and 2 kids have a 06 Winnebago View. We traded in our old c-class in May for it. We live in Kenner Louisiana. I'm a tool and die maker my wife is in the Coast Guard. We cycle, camp and canoe. We normally take the View out once a month on short trips under 500 miles (one way) But once a year we go on a big long trip. The Sprinter doubled our fuel milage.

xtraworx

Master Craftsman
I'm Bob. I'm retired after 30 years with IBM. Have 3 grown kids, 4 grand kids. Wife has PhD in Marriage and Family Theropy (so I don't stand a chance). She heads a family violance agency in the local area.

I acquired a 2004 Dodge 3500 flat bed in August of this year from dealer in Ohio. It had only 1500 miles on it and they were ready to move it. Deal so good, I could afford to fly up and drive it back!

My business is making custom furniture so truck configuration will be perfect for hauling raw materials form lumber yard/mill and delivering end product. See www.saladosawmill.com

Look forward to your entries on this forum.

BFargin1

Greetings...I'm Brian and I teach MIS/Computer classes at a mid-sized regional state university here in TN. I love flying and was a pliot (AF) for a living in my former life. I still have a little airplane that I fly on most days where my schedule allows and the WX cooperates.

I like the format of this site and look forward to seeing it grow and prosper.
Cheers,

Attachments

My_3_Girls

Hiya,

Although I don't technically own a Sprinter, I do drive one every day. It's the perfect display vehicle to show a few lines of vinyl railing and composite decking that my company distributes. I'm most often found in New England either at lumber yards or jobsites. People like to walk thru a rolling display and the high top means not much bumping of the noggins. I guarantee if you've seen me on the road, you would instantly recognize the vehicle. I'll get a pic as soon as I get it out of the repair shop. She's a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 with about 140,000 miles.

frostback

junior sprinter
Hi all, my name is Derek greetings from the wet coast of British Columbia. I'm a father of two with #3 on the way. My wife and I just purchased a 2003 140 shc passenger van from ebay. We flew down to San Antonio and picked it up. We absolutely love it, nothing like a 2800 mile trial by fire. It was missing the rear seats when we bought it but thanks to Rudi in Phoenix we got matching benches and a Mercedes grill. Thanks Rudi.:cheers: Aside from the surpentine belt beginning to fray and blowing a fuel line clip it was a pretty uneventful trip.:thumbup:
This Sprinter will carry my growing family and their friends on all their outdoor pursuits for years to come I'm sure. A set of Blizzaks and she's gonna be the ski bus of choice.:bounce:

al albanowski

Cry Baby Al
Hi everyone,
My name is Al, my wife's name is Janet. On 7/22/06 he purchased our first RV,a Roadtrek RS. We looked at every concievable make and model for at least 5 years. While traveling back home to Gettysburg we passed an RV dealership late one Sunday afternoon,we both saw our unit sitting on the corner. This vehicle immediately filled our wants and needs,rare for a married couple. We like the size,efficiency,driveability,modern appearence,diesel,open view,accessories,warranty,workmanship,German practicality,turning radius,small is beautiful,less is more,it fits our personalities,what a TOY. I am looking forward all other Sprinter owners,I even talk to the Fed X drivers.

With common interest,
Al

Johnny

Hi,
i am Johnny 41years old i live in Germany with my wife and son.
my hobbys is my Job, airbrush and customizing .
i always did drive mercedes vans since i have my license i love it
i use my Sprinter every day
looking forward to see this site growing

Old Master

I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John
Hello John
Welcome to our forum . we hope you enjoy your stay with us, not sure where the Captains are! "Must be asleep on the watch:smirk: I" there Capt's! were Ave' to make em', walk the plank.:eek:
You must show us a few pics of the Mahogany Mystery Ship (SPRINTER) I'm sure as time goes by, you'll have an ol' Captains land lumbers tail, of your wondering! Back to the sea.
Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr
Richard

Last edited:

Old Master

"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat. :laughing:

John

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat. :laughing:

John
Ah'rr Me hearty's Now being from the lowlands down under , that explains the difference!!!!!!
"DONALD TRUMP" owns a ship?
Does that mean that a boat, has oars! "And she can be steered!" But a ship? Ah'rr She be,but "full of whores":lol:
I like that one. Richard

Top Bottom