Sprinter Ultimate Service Tool 5.0 - Now Available!

D

Deleted member 50714

Now, how can I view the WSM vids. There's one about checking the fluid on a 722.9. I don't need it but other's may find it useful.

D

Deleted member 50714

Forgot to mention PDF app installed and functions flawlessly, thanks Dick!

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
Now that I have my Autel DS808 diagnostic scanner I went looking for diagnostic code information in my eBay copy of WIS/ASRA. In the version I have there is no diagnostic code information for the current Model 906 Sprinters. I went to the diagnostic information via the WIS Table of content as shown in attached file. Following the TOC links to the details only has diagnostic information that goes to about 1997 for Model 904 Sprinters. Not much use to me.

Does anyone with either an eBay version or the Sprinter Ultimate Service Tool 5.0 have same problem?

I didn't pay much for this eBay WIS/ASRA version. I'm wondering if the Sprinter Ultimate Service Tool 5.0 version is any better?

Attachments

Boxster1971

After doing some more research - I'm starting to think that WIS is not designed to give you diagnostic codes. They are likely only in Xentry scan software.

I did find the attached document about Mercedes implementation of OBD II functionality in WIS. It does say you can usually only decode the Mercedes codes using a Mercedes scan tool. I do get some information from the Autel DS808 so that will have to do for me.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 50714

After doing some more research - I'm starting to think that WIS is not designed to give you diagnostic codes. They are likely only in Xentry scan software.

I did find the attached document about Mercedes implementation of OBD II functionality in WIS. It does say you can usually only decode the Mercedes codes using a Mercedes scan tool. I do get some information from the Autel DS808 so that will have to do for me.
Hi Mike, I do believe Xentry can puke out all of the codes, perhaps Avanti can provide them for ya, he's pretty sharp with such things. I can't because I have retreated 750 miles north to escape the blistering heat and left my Xentry at home and won't return until mid-October.

Attachments

Mickyfin

Is there a version compatible with the OSX operating system? If not, and the Windows only is my option, I'm interested, I have an old Windows laptop that I can dedicate to this sole purpose.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Is there a version compatible with the OSX operating system? If not, and the Windows only is my option, I'm interested, I have an old Windows laptop that I can dedicate to this sole purpose.
Other than running Windows on your Mac, ... it's a Windows-only system.

--dick

Mickyfin

Ok, thanks, I do have Windows on my iMac, but ideally suited would be my old Windows laptop. I will be in touch soon regarding my purchase.

beez

So, it seems the "Ultimate service tool", is actually a service only to those who collect the $120?

Man, I need to go back to a vehicle that has a "Clymers" manual. :)

NBB

lol, this BS is still here! Prices have come down a bit from the $15 I paid a few years ago and posted here.

I recently paid $6.60 for the full "2019 Mercedes/SMART WIS ASRA & EPC Dealer Service Repair Workshop Download".

It works perfectly. It's a VirtualBox image, download only (it's big..), and you do need a small modicum of computer skill to get it going - but not much!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123730293730

If not this auction - then one like it will be there to replace it!

I use VirtualBox quite a bit. It pretty much runs on any host PC. If you have Windows, then it's much easier. But there is MAC support as well, you just need to surf around a 3rd party website that's compiled and supports it. I don't do MAC so can't say much more other than I know it should work as I have friends who use it.

If this disk image were to "break", I'd simply delete it and re-unzip the original and start over. easy-peasy. If you download updates in the virtual PC, such as Java, it's likely to break - but you don't need to so...

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the seller of this particular auction provides a VirtualBox image and instructions for MAC - so that's that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 50714

So, it seems the "Ultimate service tool", is actually a service only to those who collect the $120?

Man, I need to go back to a vehicle that has a "Clymers" manual. :)
Couldn't install it?

Boxster1971

Quality Service Manual

I just came across another Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 1995-2018 Workshop Repair & Service Manual. Link listed below.
https://qualityservicemanual.com/21...nter-1995-2018-workshop-repair-service-manual

They are asking $50 for this PDF manual. It appears to be build from the WIS database and then put into a BIG pdf file.

Hard to believe one manual could give coverage to Sprinters from 1995-2018. That would be both T1N and NCV3 versions.

Wondering if anyone have purchased this manual?

This looks a little like the previously offered manuals that used the Mercedes-Benz WIS-ASRA/EPC database. I got one of those pirated ebay versions a few years ago. Tried to use it today and it doesn't work any longer. Says it can't connect to the EPC and WIS/ASRA servers. Checked the keys for those servers inside the virtual environment and discovered they expired about a week ago. So this set of WIS-EPC data is useless.

I still have the EPC access via the new MB After-sales-platform at $75/year, a fair price.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried qualityservicemanual.com mentioned in the previous post? If so, is it easier to use than sprintermanual.com download, which is huge at 57GB? Is it a smaller file?
Thanks

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Has anyone tried qualityservicemanual.com mentioned in the previous post? If so, is it easier to use than sprintermanual.com download, which is huge at 57GB? Is it a smaller file?
Thanks
I just downloaded. It's about 1.7GB. A bit confusing how they organized the PDFs, but it looks complete. I'll likely use Adobe and re-organize these.

Wrinklepants, I'd be curious to know if a person can just select maintenance requirements using the VIN number or if I could select a category like "fuel filter change" and get the information pertinent to just my specific vehicle. Does it appear to be organized this way or have the ability to sort it out that way? Thanks in advance.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Wrinklepants, I'd be curious to know if a person can just select maintenance requirements using the VIN number or if I could select a category like "fuel filter change" and get the information pertinent to just my specific vehicle. Does it appear to be organized this way or have the ability to sort it out that way? Thanks in advance.
No, not something you enter your VIN. It's not an app, rather PDFs of all the various pages. Here's a screen capture of one of the folders. Hard to tell what years this is pertinent to, but there are a few other folders like this for various versions of the van. I'm sure once I dig in, I could reorganize by generation.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 2.27.18 PM.png

Top Bottom