Winnebago Revel

lindenengineering

And only at $135,000, a bargain! Get two!
Yes one in a bright color for winter operations like ski-ing, and one in a summer like color--For summer!

WITH hand creme dispenser don't forget for uz men who drink "weht wine" and Georgio cosmetic cabinet for "those working men" in designer coveralls!:lol:
Dennis

Paul_E_D

Nearly the same price as the much better equipped, 170 3500 Winnie ERA w/o 4WD
Not similar in function though. The ERA is a luxury RV. The Revel is much more suited to carrying gear. Where would I put my spare moto wheels, toolboxes, wet wetsuits, etc, in the ERA? If you don't "get" the Revel, you don't need the Revel. If you need the Revel, you don't "get" the ERA.

Different strokes.

oneguyindc

Also Revel is about 100K fully loaded - I enquired from dealers
While not chump change it seems to be in ball park to a lot of 4x4 Sprinter based DIY's considering that a new loaded 4x4 sprinter is about 55K

Not similar in function though. The ERA is a luxury RV. The Revel is much more suited to carrying gear. Where would I put my spare moto wheels, toolboxes, wet wetsuits, etc, in the ERA? If you don't "get" the Revel, you don't need the Revel. If you need the Revel, you don't "get" the ERA.

Different strokes.
That is perfectly stated!

Fresno

Also Revel is about 100K fully loaded - I enquired from dealers
While not chump change it seems to be in ball park to a lot of 4x4 Sprinter based DIY's considering that a new loaded 4x4 sprinter is about 55K
Confirmed. 100K plus tax and reg. I just signed the contract. Delivery will be around 11/10.

BTW, I just posted my first post! Only took me 5 years to get with the program.��

Last edited:

Paul_E_D

Confirmed. 100K plus tax and reg. I just signed the contract. Delivery will be around 11/10.

BTW, I just posted my first post! Only took me 5 years to get with the program.��
Congrats! Keep us posted about the new rig. Do you have any other sprinter/conversion experience?

Fresno

Congrats! Keep us posted about the new rig. Do you have any other sprinter/conversion experience?
No, only online education from here and YouTube. I am familiar with Sportmoble. They are built where I live and they are first class. My decision on the Revel was the based on price and availability.

Walk0080

Congrats, Fresno!

Curious if anyone knows what brand and model of roof rack/ladder and windows are used on the Revel?

I like this van as well but for me it would have to be in the longer wheelbase.

The insulated and hydronic heater fresh water (and heated, but not insulated grey) are nice features. Wonder who made the tanks for them?

oneguyindc

Curious
What features do you think are missing in the Revel. Do you think it is possible to install a roof rack on the Revel that you could walk on. I realize that it has solar panels on the roof?

Congrats, Fresno!

Curious if anyone knows what brand and model of roof rack/ladder and windows are used on the Revel?

I like this van as well but for me it would have to be in the longer wheelbase.

The insulated and hydronic heater fresh water (and heated, but not insulated grey) are nice features. Wonder who made the tanks for them?
I'd bet those are Dometic Seitz windows

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
a big question is how much payload is left with full tanks? Once you start adding gear it may be overweight quite quickly.

Regardless, props for Winnebago finally catching on. Probably the new ownership though.

kite_rider

:thumbup: I love this build. I was worried that the $135K ask price was 'starting' and the real price would be much higher. The price you got makes me actually want to call a dealer and try to make a deal. Any news on the options and upsell? Did you get the 9" display on the dash or the AC unit? How much extra were they? Any other news on the options?

I've had great luck with my 2002 VW Eurovan Camper and this looks like the rig I want to replace it with. My only wish is that they made this with a pop top like what you can get from Sportsmobile. Then I could sleep 4 and still get it into my garage with a 10' door.

Top Bottom