Camber Adjustment

lindenengineering

Guys
Just appeared in the Napa alignment parts catalogue----Camber adjustment kits.

.< 1 DEGREE CASTER Pt # 264-2668
.< 2 DEGREES CASTER Pt# 264-2669.
Dennis

flman

I did my own camber with a bubble tools that sticks to the end of my hub, my son has a Volvo and his one tire is wearing bad inside. I told him to get the specs, and we will do it up. :thumbup:

cahaak

one and two deg kits are also available on rockauto. just shy of $17 and $21 respectively.

Chris

flman

FlMan
What Volvo?
I probably have the specs on file in Alldata & Mitchell as well as Napa.
Cheers & merry Christmas
Dennis
The V70 some where between 2001 to 2005? I dunno all those cars look the same to me? :idunno:

You have a Merry Christmas too, and don't overindulge on the cooked goose, plum pudding, and mincemeat pie. :smirk: :cheers:

lindenengineering

The V70 some where between 2001 to 2005? I dunno all those cars look the same to me? :idunno:

You have a Merry Christmas too, and don't overindulge on the cooked goose, plum pudding, and mincemeat pie. :smirk: :cheers:
FLman
V70 Fwd 01 to 2007
Rears:- Camber 0.1 to +/- 1.00
Fronts 0.0 to =/-1.00

V70 AWD except V70R 2001 to 2007
Rears -0.3 to +/-1.00
Fronts -0.3 to =/- 0.9

As for the Goose bollocks to that mate--a nice piece of USDA grass fed Beef for me its what's for dinner--Even Christmas Dinner.

I think the mince pies will be OK but the plum pud or Christmas Cannon Ball, is a bit too heavy for my taste these days.
Better a nice English trifle laced with Grand Marnier---- Wot a certain Mr G Washington of Revolutionary fame preferred and called Alcoholic Pudding.
That bloke knew a good thing or two when he sunk his wooden dentures into it!

Great for breakfast after a hangover!:thumbup:
Merry Christmas eat and be merry.
Dennis

flman

FLman
V70 Fwd 01 to 2007
Rears:- Camber 0.1 to +/- 1.00
Fronts 0.0 to =/-1.00

V70 AWD except V70R 2001 to 2007
Rears -0.3 to +/-1.00
Fronts -0.3 to =/- 0.9

As for the Goose bollocks to that mate--a nice piece of USDA grass fed Beef for me its what's for dinner--Even Christmas Dinner.

I think the mince pies will be OK but the plum pud or Christmas Cannon Ball, is a bit too heavy for my taste these days.
Better a nice English trifle laced with Grand Marnier---- Wot a certain Mr G Washington of Revolutionary fame preferred and called Alcoholic Pudding.
That bloke knew a good thing or two when he sunk his wooden dentures into it!

Great for breakfast after a hangover!:thumbup:
Merry Christmas eat and be merry.
Dennis
Thanks Dennis, Merry Christmas to you and all of you family as well. :cheers:

Lotus54

Guys
Just appeared in the Napa alignment parts catalogue----Camber adjustment kits.

.< 1 DEGREE CASTER Pt # 264-2668
.< 2 DEGREES CASTER Pt# 264-2669.
Dennis
I know this is a very old post. But...

The manual says camber is not adjustable.
So where do these go? On the lower strut mount?

They also show a rear camber shim, but how do they change on a live axle?

Thanks
mark

Last edited:

flman

I know this is a very old post. But...

The manual says camber is not adjustable.
So where do these go? On the lower strut mount?

They also show a rear cambe shim, but how do they change on a live axle?

Thanks
mark
I never had to do any adjustments on my 2 T1N vans, the tires always wore flat as a board.

Jodean

what do you do if you need the opposite for camber?? grind down the knuckle?

have that issue on one side

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The camber shims can be flipped to provide the inverse adjustment. If you have more than the factory allowed camber imbalance left to right, you need to see what's bent, or if the subframe has migrated.

Jodean

anything i can do here

Looks like this guy charged me to pretty much do nothing......not sure if that toe adjustment actually did anything....so minut

Attachments

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I would do a 1 degree shim right, and a 1.5 or 2 degree shim on the left. It looks like your front subframe may have moved a bit. Your caster is even, so the frame is good front to back.

Jodean

so are these labled wrong in post #1? says 1* caster set??

is it the same thing to just add washers??

just ordered Moog K80757 Camber Shim 1*
and
Moog K80758 Camber Shim 2*

how much should i grind off the 2* shim, as in like thou or mm? to make it more like 1.6*?

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
You can add washers. I think 1 and 2 degree would be fine. It doesn't need to be exact. You are trying to get in spec, with a bit of negative camber desirable.

Jodean

ok so just to be clear, this means the top of the tire is leaning out, and i need to shim the lower part of the strut out right?

Jodean

Im having a hard time with this.....almost broke out the math and physics books.....

So the ball joint is fixed at the bottom.....so im shimming the knuckle out at bottom, or so it seems that way, which actually really just moves the strut inwards.....doesnt that cause the top of the tire to lean out more??

Im not sure shims are doing anthing but cause the bolts to not totally be straight, end result is ball joint and top of strut didnt go anywhere. did the shims do anything, and did they do it in the right direction??

visual outside look seems like tires lean out more than they did before.

Attachments

Top Bottom