New member with new van

GallaGo

Hey Royce, your build looks great so far. Curious where you got your countertop fabbed? I'm in Fairbanks, too, and just starting to work on our conversion and have been planning on a very similar-looking piece. Thanks!

royce

Hey Royce, your build looks great so far. Curious where you got your countertop fabbed? I'm in Fairbanks, too, and just starting to work on our conversion and have been planning on a very similar-looking piece. Thanks!
Thank you GallaGo,
The counter tops came from Holliday-Parks Sheetmetal.
Good luck on your conversion and I have some equipment and materials that I won't be useing, if you are interested.

Royce

Matt Foley

Down by The River
Thank you GallaGo,
The counter tops came from Holliday-Parks Sheetmetal.
Good luck on your conversion and I have some equipment and materials that I won't be useing, if you are interested.

Royce
I was curious about the cut in the countertop for the sink - Did they cut it for you? What method was used to do it? Looks great.

royce

I was curious about the cut in the countertop for the sink - Did they cut it for you? What method was used to do it? Looks great.
I cut a plywood backer with the sink cutout for the counters, that they used to pattern by.
I let them know that I would take care of cutting the sink out, but when I picked up, they had done it.
The cutout does not appear to be plasma or water jetted, so I would guess that it was cut with a laser or side grinder.
Thanks

Royce

After thinking about this, I'm betting it was cut with a nibbler.

Last edited:

royce

Finishing up the last of the domestic water piping.
The shower enclosure is rather limber so I made a backer board to stiffen it up and have a place to fasten the shower valve and pipe supports.
I mounted the shower valve lower than usual and offset it, so it could be reached from the ground for washing dogs when they roll in horse **** or what have you.
It is hard to clearly photograph, so here is a schematic of what I did and a few pics of the shower area.

Royce

Attachments

royce

Finished up, hydotested and commissionedthe domestic water system.
With that said, I'm considering this project substantially complete.

A year has passed, so I guess the van and I are no longer new.
I would like to thank all that post in this forum and the ones that lent their experience to me in this project.
This forum is a valuable resource and was a huge help to me, getting this van to this point.
Thanks again.

Royce
PS one last crooked pic for the road.

Attachments

HighPockets

Absolutely amazing. I am so impressed with the amount of work and relatively short time you accomplished it in. It almost makes me depressed knowing how slow I am and seeing how far I have to go. I hope you enjoy using it now that it is complete.

Gene

royce

Absolutely amazing. I am so impressed with the amount of work and relatively short time you accomplished it in. It almost makes me depressed knowing how slow I am and seeing how far I have to go. I hope you enjoy using it now that it is complete.

Gene
Thank you Gene,
I hope to get out and put it to the test soon.

Royce

Hey Royce,

Can u do a full video or pictures of the entire finished Van. It’s been an amazing year watching your build come together.

Question: Any extras your adding to the outside of the van or upgrades you wish you would have done ?

Thanks it’s been enjoyable to watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
You need to be really careful with those stainless braided plumbing lines. It is very easy to damage them when tightening by twisting the underlying rubber. There has been an issue with them here in Oz in houses. They start leaking after a few years due to this install damage. I can only imagine in a Sprinter that point would be reached much sooner with the added G-forces, movement, heat cycling and vibration.

Also, your sink HW should be before the tempering valve. You want that sucker to go very hot for washing dishes etc and killing germs. Unless its the sink for the bathroom only in which case ignore my ramblings.

Last edited:

red_johnny

Holy crap! Build is amazing! I have been looking around at how I am going to add over head storage bins like you have in my passenger van. I was thinking going wood but yours look amazing. I don't think I have all the tools required to bend sheet metal like that though or weld. Plus I wanted to connect both P/S and D/S bins to one that faces the back for emergency kits. That would also give me a space to put 2 subs if I ever wanted to go that route. All your cuts are very clean and exact. I was thinking of going to a wood working trade school to expand my abilities. Great work done here!

royce

Hey Royce,

Can u do a full video or pictures of the entire finished Van. It’s been an amazing year watching your build come together.

Question: Any extras your adding to the outside of the van or upgrades you wish you would have done ?

Thanks it’s been enjoyable to watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Surveillance Van,
Maybe I can get one of the kids to make a video, my skills are really poor in that department.

The exterior upgrades that I may build are a attached screen room and a receiver hitch/ bumper with aluminum swing out gear boxes.
I need to spend some time in it to see if the overall layout and design works as intended.
Thanks for the kind words

Royce

royce

Been awhile,
Worked on window trim today.
16 gauge stainless steel, formed, mitered and fused on the back side.
First window done, five to go.

Royce

Attachments

royce

Also, cut some Minicell foam for insulators/shades.
While I've used Minicell foam for kayak seats and other projects, this T-200 is quite a bit more durable.
Should hold up good.

Royce

Attachments

Top Bottom