Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Sprinter Talk

Sprinter Talk General discussion about anything and everything about Sprinters.
SubForums: Events Scanners

Old 03-26-2020, 02:44 AM   #1
JonnyMc

Default Roam built order

Hello all. I ordered nerf bars from Roam built on 1/18/20. After a week or so from the order, I emailed them after I couldnít get anyone on the phone for an update. I did get a response that they were 2-3 weeks out. 4 weeks later I tried to contact them again but didnít get any response (this was pre corona virus). I just tried emailing again for an update. Has anyone else had orders backed up this far? I know corona has made things difficult, but some sort of update would be nice.
JonnyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
DefyInertia

Default Re: Roam built order

They were completely unresponsive when inquired about making a purchase a year or so ago. Not helpful, but FYI
DefyInertia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DefyInertia For This Useful Post:
JonnyMc (03-29-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
linacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMc View Post
Hello all. I ordered nerf bars from Roam built on 1/18/20. After a week or so from the order, I emailed them after I couldnít get anyone on the phone for an update. I did get a response that they were 2-3 weeks out. 4 weeks later I tried to contact them again but didnít get any response (this was pre corona virus). I just tried emailing again for an update. Has anyone else had orders backed up this far? I know corona has made things difficult, but some sort of update would be nice.

Theyíre absolutely unresponsive to customers and even to its own dealers, Iíve finally gave up and went Aluminess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
linacre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to linacre For This Useful Post:
GaryFromWork (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Desertbound

We have our rocker guards in stock. Could ship today. True rocker guards that are also a great step for getting in and out of the van. Much higher quality and built to actually protect the vehicle.

https://vancompass.com/collections/s...nt=24231861251

Shoot us an email sales@vancompass.com

-Rob @ VC
Built.Vans (03-27-2020), Onefin (03-27-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 PM   #5
DCgasman

I finally did receive my sidesteps from them, but no heads up that my order was received, built or shipped, even though my credit card was charged. Then the real hassle began - absolutely no installation instructions were included - not one word.
DCgasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DCgasman For This Useful Post:
linacre (03-27-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 11:49 PM   #6
Built.Vans
'19 4x4

They've been pretty responsive with me. I was planning on getting the Flatrack, Side Steps, and Chicane ladder. They sent instructions for measuring the fans for the Flatrack. I have not placed my order yet though.
Built.Vans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:46 AM   #7
I3uller

Notoriously bad with contacting people. It seems like the word gets there but they never confirm anything. I had to make some changes to my order and didn't get a response for weeks. I'm local to their shop in Portland but they don't list anything but an email so I had to do some research. Found the shop, 1 guy was there that just builds stuff, didn't know much about orders but said that the changes I asked for sounded familiar. Product looked nice with solid welds though, hoping I don't wait another 2 months for my stuff.
I3uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:50 AM   #8
CAsprinter4x4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCgasman View Post
I finally did receive my sidesteps from them, but no heads up that my order was received, built or shipped, even though my credit card was charged. Then the real hassle began - absolutely no installation instructions were included - not one word.
DCgasman,
Did you install yet?
Pics?

JohnnyMc,
I ordered my SideStep !2/30/19.
Just got email that its shipping soon.
Now waiting for tracking number.

Before I ordered from Roambuilt I had spoken to a local van builder who told me that from their experience items from Roambuilt can take up to 2-3 months. Knowing this I was willing to wait since the Sidestep was what I wanted. Hell, it took me 12 months to get my 2019 sprinter so 3 months was an acceptable wait for me.
CAsprinter4x4! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #9
Built.Vans
'19 4x4

@desertbound Do you guys have any plans on making these for the 2019+? A friend of mine has them on his van and I love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertbound View Post
We have our rocker guards in stock. Could ship today. True rocker guards that are also a great step for getting in and out of the van. Much higher quality and built to actually protect the vehicle.

https://vancompass.com/collections/s...nt=24231861251

Shoot us an email sales@vancompass.com

-Rob @ VC
Built.Vans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #10
steved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCgasman View Post
Same here as I received mine after about 6 weeks from order - I did receive responses to my my emails requesting status but on a very untimely basis - and no instructions / drawings etc... of any kind
So I emailed and asked and did get a reply that they do not provide instructions - installation is pretty straightforward though