Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 03-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #241
Bobnoxious

Thanked 6,208 Times in 4,519 Posts
Default Re: Will the Coronavirus purge the planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Puttana View Post
Will the Coronavirus purge the planet?

Apparently it has the potential.

Husband and wife poison themselves trying to self-medicate with chloroquine

"An Arizona man is dead and his wife is hospitalized after both of them self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate, a chemical used to treat fish for parasites, in an effort to ward off the novel coronavirus.
"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" she told NBC News on Monday (March 23). "We were afraid of getting sick," she said."

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...kills-man.html

Attachment 127091

vic
Certainly one method, terminate the host.

What the hell is wrong people???

Culling society of the STUPID.

Last edited by Bobnoxious; 03-25-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Bobnoxious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #242
Bobnoxious

Quote:

"An Arizona man is dead and his wife is hospitalized after both of them self-medicated with chloroquine phosphate, a chemical used to treat fish for parasites, in an effort to ward off the novel coronavirus.
"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'" she told NBC News on Monday (March 23). "We were afraid of getting sick," she said."

Attachment 127091

vic
Situation here looking bleak. Been nice knowing ya in advance.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #243
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,534 Times in 6,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flman View Post
Well Dick, I am pretty sure they are only using the combo meds on people with an elevated case. Would you turn it down if you doctor told you that you should take the malaria drug combo? You sound like a partisan nay sayer.
Nay.

I'm certainly willing to take chloroquine ... since i used to take it back in the 1970's when traveling in malarial areas (most of which have now developed chloroquine-resistant strains of malaria). Back then i seemed to tolerate it well.

The fact that Bryan's doctor included Azithromycin with the hydroxychloroquine indicates he was aware of the French study listed among the other anti-virals being tested in this article:
https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...reatments.html
Since the Azithromycin is anti-bacterial, it's probably being used to squelch streptococcus pneumoniae that might start running rampant in the lungs.

The various chloroquine derivatives (all containing "4-aminoquinoline compounds") can be quite poisonous to small children, but for adults the allowed dosages range from 400mg taken weekly (for malaria avoidance) up to 800mg daily (severe lupus treatment, backed off to 200 mg daily when possible). Among the most common side effects is retinal damage, which can continue to happen even after you stop taking the drug. A far less common side-effect is atrial seizure.

It's no surprise that some existing medications have some effect upon even a "novel" virus ... but (of course) hydroxychloroquine shortages are already forecast ... much to the dismay/distress of the lupus and arthritis sufferers who are already relying upon them.

--dick
p.s. i have retinal damage such as chloroquine might produce ... but it happened a year before i ever had chloroquine. Chloroquine would've been a treatment for the mechanism behind the damage (cysts forming behind the fovea), but it has to be applied early, not after the cysts occur.
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))

Last edited by autostaretx; 03-25-2020 at 04:19 PM.
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 PM   #244
flman
Triggering Snowflakes

Thanked 5,601 Times in 4,352 Posts

Quote:

Attachment 127091

vic

As Hosh said in the other thread where this was brought up as Trump's fault, "Cant fix stupid."
flman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:57 PM   #245
flman
Triggering Snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostaretx View Post
Nay.

I'm certainly willing to take chloroquine ... since i used to take it back in the 1970's when traveling in malarial areas (most of which have now developed chloroquine-resistant strains of malaria). Back then i seemed to tolerate it well.

The fact that Bryan's doctor included Azithromycin with the hydroxychloroquine indicates he was aware of the French study listed among the other anti-virals being tested in this article:
https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...reatments.html
Since the Azithromycin is anti-bacterial, it's probably being used to squelch streptococcus pneumoniae that might start running rampant in the lungs.

The various chloroquine derivatives (all containing "4-aminoquinoline compounds") can be quite poisonous to small children, but for adults the allowed dosages range from 400mg taken weekly (for malaria avoidance) up to 800mg daily (severe lupus treatment, backed off to 200 mg daily when possible). Among the most common side effects is retinal damage, which can continue to happen even after you stop taking the drug. A far less common side-effect is atrial seizure.

It's no surprise that some existing medications have some effect upon even a "novel" virus ... but (of course) hydroxychloroquine shortages are already forecast ... much to the dismay/distress of the lupus and arthritis sufferers who are already relying upon them.

--dick
p.s. i have retinal damage such as chloroquine might produce ... but it happened a year before i ever had chloroquine. Chloroquine would've been a treatment for the mechanism behind the damage (cysts forming behind the fovea), but it has to be applied early, not after the cysts occur.

Well being a matter of life or death, take the chloroquine and take a chance. Isn't that why meds with side affects are prescribed? Benefits out weigh the side affects. I think some of your sources are based on, "Trump said it, so it is no good for the virus."
Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #246
rollerbearing

Thanked 1,158 Times in 792 Posts

Interesting twist in Brazil. Due to the lack of action by the National Government, the local drug gangs have taken up enforcing social distancing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gs-coronavirus
rollerbearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 AM   #247
OrioN
2008 2500 170" EXT

Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,030 Posts

Annotation 2020-03-25 192517.jpg
OrioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #248
flman
Triggering Snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post

So is Trudeau still letting infected people from Pakistan in with no screening? More cronyism amongst your police force?

Old 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #249
Bobnoxious

We are so screwed!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #250
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,534 Times in 6,188 Posts

--dick (who prefers the ones after the (roughly) 2:17 mark, but that's probably just due to familiarity)
p.s. YouTube is still de-monetizing videos that mention coronavirus, so any ads (and their revenue) you see on those go directly to YouTube, not the content creators.
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote