80/20 15 Series Extrusions and T-Nuts, Springs, Screws, Brackets, Drill Jig

Zissou

I was originally going to use 80/20 for the structure of my platform and cabinetry for my 2007 144" wheelbase build and then changed course to work with just plywood. The extrusions are cut to install the three 3075 series along the walls just below window level with three 5'8.5" 1515 series spanning the rear section of the van to create the foundation for a platform. There are holes drilled in a variety of locations along the channels of the 3075 extrusions as I was having a hard time with alignment. there is some scuffing and otherwise, all of the extrusions are straight and structurally sound and could be installed in the configuration described above or chopped to different sizes for another purpose.

I'm happy to answer any questions or provide more photos beyond what I have here. I listed an asking price for each item and am happy to talk through what feels reasonable especially if buying multiple items.

I would like to avoid the hassle of shipping the extrusions if possible so a local pickup in the Denver/Boulder area would work great as I am based in Denver (though out of town 3/4-3/17). I'm willing to work out a cost for shipping the smaller hardware (non-extrusions) and it would obviously be great to sell all of the smaller components as a bundle and only make one trip to the post office. The quantities for the smaller hardware are accurate as described in the bulleted list. The photo of smaller hardware was taken without all of the springs, t-nuts, and missing one screw.

Thanks for considering and I hope someone can put all this 80/20 to good use!

80/20 Inc., 3075, 15 Series, 3" x .75" T-Slotted Extrusion
  • Three sections: 5', 5'5" and 5'5.5", $60

80/20 Inc., 1515-ULS, 15 Series, 1.5" x 1.5" Ultra Lite Smooth T-Slotted Extrusion
  • Four sections: 3 @ 5'8.5" and 1 @ 3'8", $100

80/20 Inc., 4302, 15 Series, 2-Hole Inside Corner Bracket
  • 12 total brackets, $20

80/20 Inc, 3278, 15 Series 5/16-18 Offset Slide-in Economy T-Nut
  • 44 total T-nuts, $15

80/20 Inc., 3010, 15 Series, Economy T-Nut Holding Spring
  • ~60 total springs, $5

80/20 Inc, 3330, 15 Series, Flanged Button Head Socket Cap Screw (FBHSCS) 5/16-18 x .687"
  • 21 total screws, $10

80/20 Inc., 6075, 15 Series, .281 Access Hole Drill Jig For 1515
  • just the one jig, $10

Attachments

BigDC

Hi Zissou,

Doug in Boulder here. I’ll give you $100 for the extrusions, L brackets and misc fasteners. I don’t really need the already drilled parts and jig. Let me know and I’ll come grab it from you.

Zissou

Hi Doug,
Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response. Your offer sounds good to me. I'm actually out of town longer than expected due to the COVID 19 situation but can get in touch when I'm back in town and things settle out if you are still interested then.
Thanks,
Andy

vs30

Hi Zissou, would you mind speaking more as to why you opted to not go 80/20? I'm planning on doing that for my "144 and as it's my first time working with the stuff, would love any insight that you gained the "hard way".

Secondly, if BigDC changes their mind let me know as I am also in Boulder and would consider purchasing them from you!

xpieti

Hi Zissou, would you mind speaking more as to why you opted to not go 80/20? I'm planning on doing that for my "144 and as it's my first time working with the stuff, would love any insight that you gained the "hard way".

Secondly, if BigDC changes their mind let me know as I am also in Boulder and would consider purchasing them from you!
Hey VS30, we're also in Boulder and in the process of building out our van. We were about to place an order for some extrusions so maybe we can combine orders and save on shipping. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat about your build and maybe we can compare notes!

Zissou

I opted to switch to all plywood construction because I wound up working with a friend who is a professional carpenter. I learned a ton about cabinet making and woodworking in general by working with him. I didn't really learn any hard lessons specific to 80/20 to pass along. Doug wound up buying everything but the 80/20 Inc., 3075, 15 Series, 3" x .75" T-Slotted Extrusions and the 80/20 Inc., 6075, 15 Series, .281 Access Hole Drill Jig For 1515 so they are still available.

mike183

I'm now located in Boulder now. I'm happy to meet at a mutually convenient location for an exchange in and around Denver/Boulder, within reason, for the remaining items:

80/20 Inc., 3075, 15 Series, 3" x .75" T-Slotted Extrusion
  • Three sections: 5', 5'5" and 5'5.5", $60
80/20 Inc., 6075, 15 Series, .281 Access Hole Drill Jig For 1515
  • just the one jig, $10

Curious on the strength difference between ULS and LS? Especially for a vehicle. I can find anything online comparing the two. Does anyone know?

Top Bottom