Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 07-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #11
HarryN

Default Re: Electrical diagram review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttttt View Post
I
Why 50 amps? The peak draw of the fuse block is 100A.

:
Fuses and breakers are used to protect all aspects of the system, wire, components, etc.

The 4 awg wire needs to be protected and 50 amps is a good target for that size.

Unlike AC transformers, typically in DC the losses are fairly high, so the components are used at less than their capacity. The only reason I suggested as large as 50 amps is to supply the 600 watt inverter, otherwise 20 amps is enough and potentially you could again use 10 awg wire unless the wire runs are long.

https://wirlnet-inc.square.site
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 AM   #12
autostaretx
Erratic Member

Thanked 8,491 Times in 6,157 Posts
Default Re: Electrical diagram review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrioN View Post
Unless the OP is running a workstation notebook with say a modelling/render program plus a discreet GPU at full speed, he will never see it consume 15A dc (inverter load). Surfing and netflix are in the range of 2-3A dc.
Up until yesterday i'd fully agree with you ... but yesterday i almost burned my arm as i rested on my whimpy I5-bearing laptop's adapter ... and the adapter was **hot** (and rated at 1.5 amps).
I had a couple of NASA animations playing (i.e. "just web browsing"), but something sure got it toasty (the laptop's fan had come on full-tilt, too, so that supports a "cpu being busy" model)

Today it's not anywhere near that warm.
Quote:
I do the former on a slightly aged 2.8 GHz (3.45 Boosted) machine and peek at ~14A dc full out....
I was too preoccupied to chase down the hardware for measuring what was going on...

--dick
((as always: this post may go through a couple of post-posting edits... so maybe give it ten minutes before commenting))
autostaretx is offline   Reply With Quote