Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 10-08-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
A1laurie
2017 Unity TB 16 chassis

Default Fresh water tank leak

When I have the water pump on I have water leaking. Appears to come from under the service area. When pump is off there is no leaking. Iím not hooked up to city water, so the pump has to be on. First time Iíve been without hookups. I have a 2017 UTB. I can empty the fresh water tank - this leak isnít coming from that area where it comes when Iím emptying the tank. Any ideas please? Thank you 😊
A1laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:28 AM   #2
TwoClinks
2016 Unity TB

Default Re: Fresh water tank leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1laurie View Post
When I have the water pump on I have water leaking. Appears to come from under the service area. When pump is off there is no leaking. Iím not hooked up to city water, so the pump has to be on. First time Iíve been without hookups. I have a 2017 UTB. I can empty the fresh water tank - this leak isnít coming from that area where it comes when Iím emptying the tank. Any ideas please? Thank you 😊
Let's see if between forum members we can figure this out. Are you telling us that the water leak is near the outdoor shower/fresh water hookup? With the service door open, the water is leaking from behind the mounting panel of the service panel? The water leak is causing the pump to come on and cycle off? All valves are in normal positions? Winterizing suction valve closed. Water selector in full clockwise position? Outdoor shower valves closed? No water coming out fresh water connection?
Eugene Rider (10-08-2017), kernhend (10-14-2017)
Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
A1laurie
2017 Unity TB 16 chassis

Default Re: Fresh water tank leak

Dear Twoclinks! You rock - problem solved. I turned the water pump on, (I’ve been turning it off after each flush, or cup of water in order to conserve water). I ran outside to the service cab. Lifted the shower hose and water was trickling out. The switch was in the off position, however, the cold faucet was turned open, so it was trickling out the shower head. Dummy me. Thank you ��
I can leave my pump on now. Yay!
A1laurie is offline   Reply With Quote