Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 07-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #581
lto88

Default Re: Introduce yourself

Hey fellow Sprinter owners! I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and I thought I'd introduce myself. We recently bought a 2013 144, high roof cargo van and over the next few months we'll be turning it into our home. The build will take place in Alberta, Canada.

I just want to thank you all for the amount of information that has been shared to everyone here. We look forward to sharing our experiences and lessons as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
lto88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:08 PM   #582
HiHOSilverGS
OverTheHillDirtBiker

Default Re: Introduce myself

Hidy Yall; I'm Harry, from DEEP East Texas. We jut adopted a Sprinter into our kinda diverse fleet. Our 2006 Sprinter chassis came loaded with a Winnebago Itasca Navion mini house on it. There's not an awful lot of Sprinters down here in our neck of the woods, so I'm gonna be seeking knowledge here quite a bit. I have had some diesel exposure having owned a 2010 6.4 F250 for a while and a couple little Kubota diesel tractors. We are not wealthy by any measure, just getting by on my social security and a couple little pensions from 40 years jerking mainframe computer systems.
HiHOSilverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #583
chrisinflight

Hi all, I'm Chris and I have purchased a 2006 passenger van, swb 208cdi, an ex-disabled minibus with 120k. This is to convert to a family bus, enduro bike carrier and camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0376.jpg (75.8 KB, 46 views)
chrisinflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #584
RockyMtnXpress

Greetings to all.

A Little About Us:

I'm Jim and married 41 years to my wife - Elaine. We recently completed our move from Glendale, Hotzona to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado (Just outside the town of Salida). I am now retired from running my own business of residential design and drafting. My last project was in fact our home here in Colorado and I am currently breaking out the tools, again, to design a detached RV garage/garage for us. We have two small terriers (Schnauzers) that understand their mission in life is to catch and kill every mouse they find. My interests are traveling, camping, fishing (or fly fishing), four wheelin', classic cars or trucks (I own a 1968 Mustang and a 1970 Challenger), car shows, computers and our 11,000# home away from home on wheels.

More About That:

We purchased a 2015 late manufactured Winnebago View last November with 6000 miles on it. Can't say, "We made out like bandits", but we didn't get hurt by this purchase either (It's the "ONLY" way my wife will go camping). This unit absolutely fascinates me! Everything from it's torpedoing wheel simulators to the little rubber antennas on top. We enjoy getting out and traveling in it and have already made use of it from Sun City (AZ) to Duluth (MN). Enjoy it - enjoy it. None the less, This is our first *Ahem* motor home and my first diesel. So, I will be popping in time from time to ask questions that, by some quirk of fate, mystifies me over something I know little about.

Good one to all!
RockyMtnXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #585
Kacey

Hi All

I'm Martin from Plymouth in the UK.. I have a mercedes sprinter 313cdi 2011 camper conversion I completed ..

Hello all
Kacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #586
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi

Thanked 2,117 Times in 1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey View Post
Hi All

I'm Martin from Plymouth in the UK.. I have a mercedes sprinter 313cdi 2011 camper conversion I completed ..

Hello all
Hi Martin and Welcome from another Brit (There are a good handful of us on here!).

Keith.

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #587
somedude

our 2019 crew 2500 is on the way and set to arrive in the next five days after about five solid years of talking about purchasing. van will not be a daily driver, used mostly to trailer/haul our various boats and provide accommodations at regatta venues, along with adventure camping with the little one now that her siblings are off at college. fit out plans for the time being are:
interior ~ bed (seriously considering van compass murphy bed), tracks for hanger bags and surfboards and rotating front seats.
exterior ~ roof rack/rear ladder (for the small boats and our yearly camping trip...the wife brings the whole house), awning and nerf bars/steps. interior may end up with more fitout than mentioned but we are taking our time to discover what we really want once we do some trips

started lurking here a few years ago once our purchasing discussion became more serious. great info from the group, thanks

signed,
just some dude
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:47 AM   #588
patineto

Hi Ricky sur American by heart, but living in the US since 95 because I got tired of the violence..

Patineto" the man that Skateboard, something I did until 2015 (born in 62) when I suffer a spine accident, stop riding bicycles and motorcycles too..

I was a "Consensus Objector" of car for many years, learn in 2011 because we move to utah and has kiddos, I always like to look at them even to work on them but I find a massive responsibility to have such a heavy object under you control (or lack of Control)

So far I had only had three cars..

1995 range rover classic, because it was the cheapest mule that I can find $1000 and actually never let us down.

Outback H-6, no timing belts, no head gasket leaks a super reliable too..

Now a land cruiser V08 that is build for the nuclear holocaust but will only drive for a few miles because it drinks gazoline like crazy

Next a older sprinter do to the undercomplicated nature..

Oh motorcycles, skateboard and bicycles I used to have ****loads
patineto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #589
somedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
our 2019 crew 2500 is on the way and set to arrive in the next five days after about five solid years of talking about purchasing. van will not be a daily driver, used mostly to trailer/haul our various boats and provide accommodations at regatta venues, along with adventure camping with the little one now that her siblings are off at college. fit out plans for the time being are:
interior ~ bed (seriously considering van compass murphy bed), tracks for hanger bags and surfboards and rotating front seats.
exterior ~ roof rack/rear ladder (for the small boats and our yearly camping trip...the wife brings the whole house), awning and nerf bars/steps. interior may end up with more fitout than mentioned but we are taking our time to discover what we really want once we do some trips

started lurking here a few years ago once our purchasing discussion became more serious. great info from the group, thanks

signed,
just some dude

2019 arrived on tuesday. they've made some very nice changes but kept dimensions the same so fitout should be easy. first trip is booked for three weeks from now...let the sprinter life begin
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #590
GeorgeSP

Hello, i live in FL and found this forum online while looking for answers for adblue/def, might take me a while to find them.

probably already discussed but would like to know if this Walmart def fluid product will work in sprinters? DEF Diesel Exhaust Fluid 2.5 Gallon

Thank u. GS
GeorgeSP is offline   Reply With Quote