Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
aarpskier
2017 LTV Unity FX

Default FX Owners: Where Is Your CO/LP Alarm?

We are still getting false alarms from the CO / LP detector on our 2017 FX.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...=alarms&page=9

I have now read the "owner's manual" and realized we cannot observe any of the indicator lights, or easily perform any of the recommended periodic tests, much less even reach the face of the unit and its button when the slide is in.

The reason? A stupid location for the unit below the refrigerator, between the side of the refrigerator enclosure and the leisure lounge arm. When the slide is in, this location is completely inaccessible. When the slide is out, a person with a small arm can reach down into the 3"-4" space and depress the button which is supposed to test and silence the alarm, but which on our unit does nothing. The unit is not accessible from outside through the refrigerator ventilation grate, or from any other location. So, I can't even perform the surgical disconnection suggested by some in the previous posts.

My questions:

1. Where is the CO / LP detector unit in your FX?

2. If your FX CO / LP detector IS NOT in the location described above, where is the unit in your coach?

Thanks.

Last edited by aarpskier; 05-08-2017 at 10:06 PM.
aarpskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:17 AM   #2
Joseph Fiumara

Default Re: FX Owners: Where Is Your CO/LP Alarm?

I just had my slide out on my Flex. Yes there is a black plate mounted in the spot you described. The space is so tight, I can not read what it is. I would assume it is what you say. Way to narrow of a space for me to tell what it is.
Joseph Fiumara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 AM   #3
aarpskier
2017 LTV Unity FX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Fiumara View Post
I just had my slide out on my Flex. Yes there is a black plate mounted in the spot you described. The space is so tight, I can not read what it is. I would assume it is what you say. Way to narrow of a space for me to tell what it is.
With lights dimmed, and power on, you should also see a small green glow. Reach down (if you can get your arm in the space) and you can feel a depressable button in the middle of the plate.
aarpskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 AM   #4
ablock

Yeah, that's it. Just a terrible decision that I can't understand. I sure hope ours never needs resetting.
ablock is offline   Reply With Quote