Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 4x4 Talk

VS30 4x4 Talk General Discussions related to VS30 4x4 Sprinters.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2020, 09:48 PM   #101
zither99
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 513
Thanks: 97
Thanked 240 Times in 141 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
Had a 2020 built and out of production. Then MB Anaheim confirmed it would be delayed until at least May.

So stoked I scored this 12-13-19 production van. The hunt is over. 10 inch screen Audio system sound sucks ass so...Having JL audio makeover tomorrow. Will post update and photos.
Do you have the window rain guards from a NCV3 model? curious because I had Mercedes ones on my 2015 van and need some for the 2019.

Thx!
__________________
zither99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:50 AM   #102
warx
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Marin County (SF Bay Area)
Posts: 53
Thanks: 37
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

I just tried to order a 2020 and was told that no more slots are available until the 2021 and that I can't even order one of those yet. They are calling some dealers with some inbound 2020 MB 144" 4x4 to see if they are already assigned (most likely of course) and they were all dated for late October. That means 2021 order for me would likely be Oct 2021 (read: 18 months away). Checking the Ford Transit build pages now ...
warx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:04 AM   #103
InspiredVan
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by warx View Post
I just tried to order a 2020 and was told that no more slots are available until the 2021 and that I can't even order one of those yet. They are calling some dealers with some inbound 2020 MB 144" 4x4 to see if they are already assigned (most likely of course) and they were all dated for late October. That means 2021 order for me would likely be Oct 2021 (read: 18 months away). Checking the Ford Transit build pages now ...
call other dealers outside of your region. you will likely need to travel or have it shipped. plenty out in the western states with a ton of open 2020 allocations still....and plenty of well speccd rigs sitting on dealer lots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
InspiredVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 AM   #104
warx
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Marin County (SF Bay Area)
Posts: 53
Thanks: 37
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredVan View Post
call other dealers outside of your region. you will likely need to travel or have it shipped. plenty out in the western states with a ton of open 2020 allocations still....and plenty of well speccd rigs sitting on dealer lots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'll keep trying (tried three - furthest 200 miles away) but I'm in California and I've heard the 2019s fail smog so is a real hassle to bring into California. I suppose registering it out of state and hoping I don't get forced to register it here (maybe use my sons college WA address!). I also haven't yet found a dealer anywhere in state with my must-haves (comfort plus, premium plus, exterior lighting, swivel seats). I think the last two eliminate every build sitting on a lot.
warx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:05 AM   #105
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 717
Thanks: 140
Thanked 275 Times in 199 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by warx View Post
I'll keep trying (tried three - furthest 200 miles away) but I'm in California and I've heard the 2019s fail smog so is a real hassle to bring into California. I suppose registering it out of state and hoping I don't get forced to register it here .
Where did you hear that BS about out of state 2019 Sprinter's failing smog in California.

ALL 2019 SPRINTER'S in USA are 50 state compliant.

Only problems are vehicles without the monitors completed from batteries being dead or disconnected while at dealers. ALL vehicles will not pass without the monitors... All you have to do is drive about 200 miles in varying conditions. That will complete the mintors

I purchased my Sprinter out of State and brought it here. No problems.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
warx (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 02:10 AM   #106
InspiredVan
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Give Derek Law a ring at MercedesBenz of Spokane (WA). He had a bunch of rigs on the lot the other day and has a ton on order. He actually does a lot of the rigs for OutsideVan and quite often something will get cancelled from their orders... Also Mercedes of Loveland (CO) had a few very well specd rigs sitting on the lot the other day when I called including a few Pebble Greys. Bill Halloway is who you want to talk with there. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
InspiredVan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InspiredVan For This Useful Post:
warx (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 11:38 PM   #107
warx
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Marin County (SF Bay Area)
Posts: 53
Thanks: 37
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
Where did you hear that BS about out of state 2019 Sprinter's failing smog in California.
...
All you have to do is drive about 200 miles in varying conditions. That will complete the monitors.
If you buy out of state do you have to register it locally there first so you can get insurance so they let you drive it off the lot? I thought I read it took 800 miles or so (guess that would be a couple of states drive away to have things working for smog. Does this mean double sales tax as well as registration? [sorry - I can only find information about how to do the California end of this]

I called a couple of out of state places and should've asked if they now this stuff. Neither of them had 2020 slots so it was a short call! Next up, a spreadsheet to check off dealers starting from West to East.
warx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:09 AM   #108
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 717
Thanks: 140
Thanked 275 Times in 199 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

and mail it to the
Quote:
Originally Posted by warx View Post
If you buy out of state do you have to register it locally there first so you can get insurance so they let you drive it off the lot? I thought I read it took 800 miles or so (guess that would be a couple of states drive away to have things working for smog. Does this mean double sales tax as well as registration? [sorry - I can only find information about how to do the California end of this]

I called a couple of out of state places and should've asked if they now this stuff. Neither of them had 2020 slots so it was a short call! Next up, a spreadsheet to check off dealers starting from West to East.
The state you purchase in is required by law to collect sales tax for the state it will be registered in and send to your local DMV office. They will put a temporary plate on the drive/ ship.

Give your insurance company the VIN and tell them what date you want coverage to begin. Easy as that. When you get it here you have 15 days to get it smogged, get a weight certificate " any certified scale for trucker" and then register.

No Problem My rig came from Mobile Alabama

Last edited by sanomechanic; 02-18-2020 at 02:11 AM.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
warx (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #109
Egb
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 254
Thanks: 135
Thanked 112 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Adding to what Sano said about buying from out of state

Bought a classic car in Utah with the intent to drive it home to California
The SLC DMV made me a temporary use permit (temp paper license plate) OVER THE PHONE before I flew out and had it mailed to the dealer I was picking up the car from

It was SuPER easy
Night and day difference in service from CA DMV


I tried for 3-4months to get a van ordered last summer/fall and eventually gave up
Dealerships were a big let down for a custom order

I scoured all west coast dealers on the mb USA inventory website and found that pretty much ONLY A COUPLE dealers charged a premium over MSRP - F that MB Pleasanton...

I found that there was quite a few really well outfitted 144 and 170 4x4s at dealers in Texas
Henderson (Las Vegas) had a nice selection too
Oxnard / Anaheim / and San Diego had some but they usually sold within 24hours of being delivered to the dealership


I was just about set to plan a flight to Texas when a 170 4x4 appeared at Hoehn in Carlsbad and ticked most of my wish list so a one way ticket on the Surfliner and I was driving home in the van that evening. It goes without saying that if you settle for an almost perfect it will cost you more to get everything you wanted over the parts counter than if the van had come with it ...

They are out there
And yes they ARE 50state legal so ... road trip !

Good luck
Egb is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Egb For This Useful Post:
warx (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #110
warx
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Marin County (SF Bay Area)
Posts: 53
Thanks: 37
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: 2020 4x4 Factory Orders

Just to be clear about 2020 and not on-lot 2019s do you think there are dealers out there with unused (yet to be ordered) 2020 slots? My local dealer scanned all inbound 2020s for my must-haves and then has been contacting those dealers to see if they are allocated or not (which they have been). Their understanding was that all 2020s were already inbound (at varying degrees of build status). The few 2020 builds they showed me were all still in Dusseldorf and headed to PNW in October. My hope is there's some remote MB dealer out there who's never ordered a 4x4 but has some slot left open for them but with only 4000 2020 4x4s it seems like they'd switched that allocation to their big hitting 4x4 dealers at some point.

I guess my question boils down to should I give up on elusive 2020 and concentrate on finding a compromise 2019? Any guesses when the 2021 order process would emerge? I hope my flares can sit in their box that long without distorting.
warx is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.