Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Write-Ups

T1N Write-Ups Help other T1N owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #391
jcmadeintheshade@gmail.com

Default Re: Wiring Heater Booster to run from Switch

I am interested in the same for my 06 in the SD area. I have never used the Espar unit in the driver side front wheel area, but would like the ability when needed. One time while waiting on a cold winter night at Palomar Airport to pick up a friend, I did use the residual heat dial option and could fell the warm air for a short while. Having the use of the diesel heater would be great, especially if I could run it off of my three aux. batteries and not the one and only starter battery. Happy New Year. Thanks to all here.
jcmadeintheshade@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #392
BULBASOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarino82 View Post
First off big thank you to everyone for this modification and the terrific schematics. I've built my harness, repaired my circulation pump and tested the OEM functionality of my Heat Booster before starting modifications. I've built the relay circuit and am ready to tap into the dash harness.

Now for the question. My van does not have the 7 day timer, nor the harness. I'm trying to locate the three wires that must be tapped and thought it smart to confirm before injecting power. I believe I have located all three wires in the plug that goes into the HVAC control. Can any one confirm? I've seen that I might need to find a larger blue wire than pictured in this thread.

Green Red - To Water Pump

Blue - To Fan
Black/Blue/Dotted White - To Heat Booster

Thank you!

Dan,

I saw your you tube video and I want to do my 2004 T1N but your picture has me reeling. You created that harness and it looks great - does it plug into something?

is there a plug somewhere in the dash that that plugs into?

I really want to do this but I'm still afraid of this modification because I don't fully understand where all these relays and wire terminals mentioned on the wiring diagram actually exist. Is there a video or post that you know of that actualy shows someone accessing these terminals? What exactly am I looking for?
BULBASOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:15 AM   #393
greg555

does anyone have a wiring diagram for these heaters?

I have a spare one and I'm trying to use it for my van conversion to heat water but cant find anything

There used to be a video on YouTube and it he was showing how he made a harness from scratch outside the van but I cannot find it any longer
Thx
greg555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:27 AM   #394
Lotus54

I posted one some time back.
If you cannot find it, Iíll be happy to repost or email you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg555 View Post
does anyone have a wiring diagram for these heaters?

I have a spare one and I'm trying to use it for my van conversion to heat water but cant find anything

There used to be a video on YouTube and it he was showing how he made a harness from scratch outside the van but I cannot find it any longer
Thx
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #395
Lotus54

Here is what i used. Works very well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Spinter aux heater wiring diagram 1e.pdf (59.6 KB, 34 views)
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #396
vanski
'05 Box Snow Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradfordjboyle@aol.com View Post
Anyone live in the San Diego area who would be willing to do this mod on a 2018 144 high roof passenger? Please contact me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmadeintheshade@gmail.com View Post
I am interested in the same for my 06 in the SD area. I have never used the Espar unit in the driver side front wheel area, but would like the ability when needed. One time while waiting on a cold winter night at Palomar Airport to pick up a friend, I did use the residual heat dial option and could fell the warm air for a short while. Having the use of the diesel heater would be great, especially if I could run it off of my three aux. batteries and not the one and only starter battery. Happy New Year. Thanks to all here.
Iím a little late here... if you guys can get to nor cal, sfba east bay to be more specific, I can do this mod for you... FYI.. I only will do it wired from a house battery bank and itís still a time consuming project even after doing it a half dozen times. Worth it though!
vanski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vanski For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2020, 01:25 AM   #397
Trayder

where can one buy the 7 day timer, are they still available?
Trayder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trayder For This Useful Post:
sassmatt72 (03-08-2020)
Old 03-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #398
ianmorris1960

Question Re: Wiring Heater Booster to run from Switch

Good afternoon all,

I have had to pension off my old sprinter, A 2001 T1N, it has served me very well, but has developed terminal rust issues among other bits.

I went out and bought a 2015 MWB 310 as a replacement, this is just at the start of it's conversion to a day/weekend/event van. One luxury I really missed when away was hot water. The opportunity to build the Espacher D5 as a water and heater was too much to pass up...

Reading all the stuff on the web, despite being well able to read circuit diagrams etc was a definitive wiring diagram to bench test it. I have read they are connected in to the ECU of the van... really??

I used Roger's very helpful diagram as a starting point, along with a document relating specifically to the D5WZ as fitted in the T1N and came up with the attached...

Questions, in Roger's diagram he connects the 'terminal 15' wire through a relay... just what exactly does this wire do? does it connect to the dash switch? like an on/off switch....

I get the diagnostic wire, it is only needed when connected to something that can read the diagnostic codes generated, the dynamo wire I believe is the control so that it will only run when the engine is turning over, but terminal 15 is a bit of a mystery.

Could anyone with the knowledge please advise me before I wreck the thing!

Thanks in Advance

Ian
ianmorris1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #399
Cheyenne
UK 2004 T1N 313CDi

Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,453 Posts

Terminal 15 is automotive 'speak' for a live supplied through the ignition switch.

Quote from Bosch website... "Switched positive after battery (ignition-switch output)"

http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/e...eichnungen.pdf

Keith.

Sprinter reference info site http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/
Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheyenne For This Useful Post:
ianmorris1960 (03-28-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #400
ianmorris1960

Thank you Keith,

So if terminal 15 is the 'ignition key live, then which wire goes to the dash switch to operate the heater?

I believe dynamo is like the wire in an old school split charge relay set up... when the alternator is running a terminal becomes live and switches the second battery in (before VSR and no smart alternators ended that!)

Thanks Ian
ianmorris1960 is offline   Reply With Quote