Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Write-Ups

Old 01-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #11
marklg

Default Re: Kitchen Remodel - 2007 Great West Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar View Post
Mark,

Great write up and good work with the countertop replacement. Thanks.

Question, how did you reach the nuts / screws that were above the fridge ? Did you first have to take the fridge out to access them ?
No, you have to remove the cooktop. Then you can reach in and get all the countertop screws. You also can then disconnect the fridge wiring, which is on top behind the front panel. As far as I can tell, you have to remove the cooktop first, then get to the fridge wiring and then remove the fridge.

Regards,

Mark
marklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #12
Sidecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklg View Post
No, you have to remove the cooktop. Then you can reach in and get all the countertop screws. You also can then disconnect the fridge wiring, which is on top behind the front panel. As far as I can tell, you have to remove the cooktop first, then get to the fridge wiring and then remove the fridge.

Regards,

Mark
Thanks Mark. Why didnít I see / think of that ?

Have fun and stay healthy,

Ron
Sidecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #13
CadZukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklg View Post
Looks nice. What year is yours? The countertop is different from mine. Unfortunately, my countertop particle board was fairly water damaged, and I enjoy woodworking, so I chose to replace it.

Let me know how it does over time. I'll do the same if I am able in a year or two.

Mark
My GWV Legend is a 2006 and also constructed with particle board. It didn't have any water damage but looks like it just delaminated from the heat. I tried heating it up to stick it back down but only ended up making it worse. The paint is still holding up great and I may do the tables as well so they match. Although the 2020 Coachmen Galleria FL LI3 sure looks pretty
CadZukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:44 AM   #14
marklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadZukes View Post
My GWV Legend is a 2006 and also constructed with particle board. It didn't have any water damage but looks like it just delaminated from the heat. I tried heating it up to stick it back down but only ended up making it worse. The paint is still holding up great and I may do the tables as well so they match. Although the 2020 Coachmen Galleria FL LI3 sure looks pretty
That will be $150k please. Sorry, not in the cards for us.

I already replaced the tables with wooden ones. The delamination happened there too.

Mark
marklg is offline   Reply With Quote