Yes there is a 4K TV for the MB

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
Walking through Costco today and noticed a new 4k TV selling for $219.99, then I noticed it was right next to the 1080p set that LTV has been installing in the 2019 MB's. I looked at the dimensions (they're listed on the price tag) and saw they were almost identical. The only difference was a half inch more in the height. So I bought one and took it out to my RV. The remote and the power supply were the same. The half inch made no difference. All the cable connections are in the exact same place, so all I had to do was remove the four screws that attached the original TV to the mount and swap the TVs with the same screws. Every thing fit, everything worked. No problem with the mechanism that lowers and raises the TV into the cabinet. The TV powered up and connected to my WiFi hot spot and began to do an update which took a few minutes. I scanned for local channels and it found about 20 more local channels than the old TV. Hooking it up to my computer worked great and I'm very impressed with the picture quality. I have a 4k monitor on my laptop and having an additional 4k monitor works much better than with the 1080p TV as a monitor. I gave my sister my old car when I bought the RV I guess I can give her the old TV too.

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
I just came across a 1080P Smart TV by Insignia that looks like it will fit in the 2018 Unity MB and previous year models. The model is: Insignia NS-39DF510NA19 39-inch 1080p. The dimensions are 34.8 x 20.6 x 3.2 (WxHxD). It sells for $179.99 at Amazon and other online retailers. Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-39DF510NA19-39-inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B07FPVT57H.
Does it have a converter (brick or large plug) that converts 110 volts to 12 volts? The reason I ask is that I've bought smaller Insignia TVs and have cut the brick off the cord to run the TV off 12 volt power. I'd like to do that with the big TV in the MB.

One caution if you do cut the brick off is that you have to be sure the wires are connected to the 12 volt feed with the correct polarity or you will fry the TV (Don't ask how I know). :bash:

IndyDick

2016 MB
I just came across a 1080P Smart TV by Insignia that looks like it will fit in the 2018 Unity MB and previous year models. The model is: Insignia NS-39DF510NA19 39-inch 1080p. The dimensions are 34.8 x 20.6 x 3.2 (WxHxD). It sells for $179.99 at Amazon and other online retailers. Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-NS-39DF510NA19-39-inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B07FPVT57H.
I installed this TV and it works fine. It is tight but it does fit. It has a standard plug and runs off the inverter. You can also find it cheaper if you watch. I paid $149.99 for mine.

photons

Walking through Costco today and noticed a new 4k TV selling for $219.99, then I noticed it was right next to the 1080p set that LTV has been installing in the 2019 MB's. I looked at the dimensions (they're listed on the price tag) and saw they were almost identical. The only difference was a half inch more in the height. So I bought one and took it out to my RV. The remote and the power supply were the same. The half inch made no difference. All the cable connections are in the exact same place, so all I had to do was remove the four screws that attached the original TV to the mount and swap the TVs with the same screws. Every thing fit, everything worked. No problem with the mechanism that lowers and raises the TV into the cabinet. The TV powered up and connected to my WiFi hot spot and began to do an update which took a few minutes. I scanned for local channels and it found about 20 more local channels than the old TV. Hooking it up to my computer worked great and I'm very impressed with the picture quality. I have a 4k monitor on my laptop and having an additional 4k monitor works much better than with the 1080p TV as a monitor. I gave my sister my old car when I bought the RV I guess I can give her the old TV too.

What is the model number of the TV?

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Last edited:

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
Must be the one shown, now, on their website:
https://www.costco.com/Vizio-40"-Class-(39.5"-Diag.)-4K-UHD-LED-LCD-TV.product.100481773.html

Vizio V405-G9

And that's a good price, which is matched at Sam's Club.
I did notice the 1080p version is $189.99 at Sam's Club:
https://www.samsclub.com/p/vizio-d-...2480549?xid=pdp_carousel_rich-relevance.rr0_1

Keep in mind that Vizio loves to play games - - one minute they may be here, and gone the next!
Yep, that's the one, And Costco also has the current 1080p set at $189. I think that when prices are that close between the 4k version and the 1080p there's a very good chance that the older model will be discontinued. Depending on how many LTV buys in advance, my guess is we'll see the 4k model as standard in the MB's sooner rather than later.

jakes8

2018 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
IndyDick, how does the Insignia TV compare with the Vizio that came with the RV.

IndyDick

2016 MB
IndyDick, how does the Insignia TV compare with the Vizio that came with the RV.
As I recall, the Vizio was 720p and 32". I think the picture is better on the new one and of course it's larger. I don't think I would spend a lot of money to replace the old though.

IndyDick

2016 MB
Yep, that's the one, And Costco also has the current 1080p set at $189. I think that when prices are that close between the 4k version and the 1080p there's a very good chance that the older model will be discontinued. Depending on how many LTV buys in advance, my guess is we'll see the 4k model as standard in the MB's sooner rather than later.
I looked at the specs on the one from Costco. It looks like it 35.51" wide. I think that is cutting it very very close.

jakes8

2018 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
The Costco TV may fit in the 2019 Unity MB, but it will not fit in the 2018 MB. The cutout on the 2018 and prior is 35 inches. I brought up the Insignia TV for anyone who has a 2018 MB and looking to switch out the Vizio (720p) for a 1080p Smart TV that will fit where the Vizio is without modifications.

2yrs2go

2019 Unity MB
Sorry to everyone for not stating I was referring to a 2019 MB in the thread title. I know this issue has been discussed for a few years and I think LTV just was forced to upsize the TV cutout do fit what is available now. I know when I upgraded my cell phone back in 2016 Samsung offered a free 32 inch 720p set (at Costco), now I don't think they even sell a 32inch set anymore and I haven't seen a new 720p set in awhile. For all outward appearances especially from the back the two sets, 1080p and 4k are identical. And the new set works fine with the existing mechanism to raise and lower the set. So LTV along with everyone else may be forced to go to 4K because the cost to manufacture the new sets is most likely the same or cheaper than making 1080 or 720's. Meanwhile Samsung has now announced a consumer 8k set, yet I have seen no consumer products that record or pay in that quality.

Top Bottom