"Goosemobile's" 2018 unique layout

My 144" crew conversion is now far enough along to share. Being too old and broken to be comfortable with the usual raised rear bed, and not willing to own a van so specialized that it could no long carry anything but groceries, my solution evolved. Basically, I re-located the removable bench seat to the rearmost attachment points (maintaining seat belt s), then butted an RB Components 58"sofa bed adjacent to it. This created an L-shaped lounge, which converts into a 76" long double bed in sweet spot of the vehicle. The couch/bed flips up against side wall , and with the rear seat removed, we have a useful van again....We can also keep our expensive bikes inside when using rear bike rack is not a good idea. 42' x 14" galley with 13gal. water is located on passenger side,leaving enough floor space to get into bed without contortions. Folding shelves expand counter to 60". I also built an 11" x 32" coffee table which fills the rear floor section, giving more shoulder room, since we found that keeping our heads on the rear seat works best. Table slides under sofa when cushion is removed. The seat and couch edges luckily are the same height,...and the seat backrests make it really comfortable for reading. The bed is wonderful. Refer, batteries, and elec. panel are located behind driver's seat. Shower/pan on passenger side behind rear seat adjacent to tankless water heater. Potty stores under couch or on shower pan. Single board racks on driver's side have canvas hammock for luggage. Food box goes under couch. Toys and chairs behind rear seat. Single 100w solar has proven plenty to handle low draw of Isotherm cruise elegance refer. Had rooftop ac, fan, shore power, and running boards installed.

MsNomer

Yes, photos, please. And a floorplan, even if hand-drawn and photographed. Fresh ideas are to be celebrated!

Thanks. It’s solid cork tile, not laminate. It’s soft and comfortable, insulates well, and easy to work. Lasts forever. I cut inlays, but you can order premade. Not cheap, but don’t need much. Installs with contact cement

Can you direct me towards the cork tiles you used? I am going to go this route
[/QUot
sorry for the late reply.....They were leftovers from my brother-in-laws remodel, and I think he ordered them from Home Depot. I cut in the insets with some I had from my house years ago. Shouldn't be too hard to source, and you can get them pre-finished.

Top Bottom