HVAC Troubleshooting Help

Smiles

The air conditioning system and heat both work but you have to be driving for it to push that hot or cold air out of the vents. I have replaced the blower motor and the resistor both behind the glove box.

Before I go tearing into the center dashboard, is there anything else I should be checking? :thinking:

Is there a relay module in the dash that could be bad?

Any help is appreciated especially now that I can't "warm the van up" prior to driving it down the road.

-Smiles

98Firebird

There's a fuse for the blower motor it has a constant power and is ground side switched I can't remember which fuse off the top of my head but it's on the fuse panel near the obd2 port. Also there is a long history of the blower motors becoming dislodged during shipping as they really are only held to the housing with these sort of rubber isolators. I would pull the blower motor assembly back out and try to run it outside the HVAC box and see if it works. If it does work then you're done you just need to push the rubber motor mounts further down into the housing. If it still doesn't work I would check for power on the large red wire.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
So when you experience "no air" is it that blower is not working, or the air blows in defrost mode?
Defrost mode is default when vent flaps fail.

Smiles

Thanks for the help all! I removed the 30amp fuse, inspected and put it back in. Then I removed the Blower motor, pushed the rubber tabs in and put it back in and it works!

Top Bottom