Water leak when pumping clear water

ritakens

There are two L shaped plastic fittings that come from the body and then connect to tubing going to the sink hot and cold water. I need to replace one that is leaking when water is pumped to the sink. These are situated behind the propane tank. Does anyone have experience in removing the propane tank to get to these L shaped fittings? This is on a 2005 Dodge Freightliner Diesel Sprinter Van.

marklg

There are two L shaped plastic fittings that come from the body and then connect to tubing going to the sink hot and cold water. I need to replace one that is leaking when water is pumped to the sink. These are situated behind the propane tank. Does anyone have experience in removing the propane tank to get to these L shaped fittings? This is on a 2005 Dodge Freightliner Diesel Sprinter Van.
I see you have not gotten any answers.

I have a 2007 Great West and don't recall fittings as you describe. I did have my Propane tank replaced, but I did not do it myself. I think they had to lift the whole vehicle to get it off.

Can you take pictures of the problem? Maybe someone will have suggestions.

Regards,

Mark

613Mark

Hi! I recently bought a 2005 GWV dodge sprinter 2500 and had to reconnect the kitchen sink piping. The hot and cold 1/2" PEX come up thru the floor just above the propane tank and the previous owner had cut them off about 2" above the floor when replacing the fresh water tank. Thanks for that! Anyway I believe the pipes just run over the top of the propane tank and through a steel radius-preserving holder. This prevents the hose from kinking as it goes around a corner. It is very difficult to get at the pipes without dropping the tank (which I did not want to do!) Thank goodness I was able to use a 1/2" PEX sharkbite connector above the floor to connect to the old and new pipes. Instead of dropping the tank I was prepared to just feed new pipe from the top over the propane tank and connect with a sharkbite to save having to remove the tank. I couldn't see any "fittings" above the tank itself. I'm not sure if this helps but it may provide an alternate solution for you.

Cheers,
Mark

Top Bottom