Curtains or Blinds?

lovetokite

as some of you know I ordered a 2018 Serenity. I still have a little time to decide whether to get the upgraded blinds enclosing the cabin or stick with the standard curtains. The cost in this case is not a deciding factor, more the looks and practicality. Would like to get some pros and cons.
Thank you in advance.

We have a 2013 Serenity with curtains. They work just fine. Great privacy. IMO the folding blinds are an expensive upgrade. One more thing in the cabin that could possibly snag, rip or tear. Think these https://www.heatshieldstore.com/ are more effective in bright sunshine. You just need to find a place to store them.

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
We also have curtains and they are fine. We also have two types of windshield huggers. One is those magical ones that fold in a tricky way. The others are thicker for when we want some insulation from very hot or very cold temps. I would not buy permanent windshield sliding covers because I have many items stuck on the windshield that I would not want in any other place.

hoosierrun

Another one for curtains.... but check to see what is the easiest and fastest to take in and out. The curtains have little magnets to hold them together in the center when you close them. They usually work good. I am of the school.... simpler is better and often less headaches for the future.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
Having had 3 RVs and 3 different systems. For the cab, the best by far is the Remis fan fold jobs. Compact, stores in place and easy to deploy. Also, might be a little lighter weight. If you park for a break it takes 2 minutes to deploy.

Side (flat) windows... MCD "Duo System" roller shades. Like your Auntie had.... Minus the string and donut pull cord. Deploys in a jiff. Stows in place. Great light blocking with the duo. Also a little bit of insulation from the hot or cold window.

The "acordeeen" and string things... Never!

geds

2018 Serenity
The Winne Era we just traded had accordion front windshield screensand side curtains. The curtains were just as easy to deploy and secure. The accordion screen wouldn’t closes completely and had to be held closed with a small bungee. Within a year and 6500 miles they began to rattle while driving.

So on the Serenity we just ordered we opted for curtains. I never heard a curtain rattle. They are easily replaced when styles change. And they can be secured in place with binder clips or pins as needed.

I’ve had both curtains and Remis and they both work. Curtains are cheaper but if I were buying a new one, I’d definitely put Remis on both the windshield and door windows.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I don't think the Serenity gets the Winnebago Remis you are thinking of. Perhaps I am confusing it with the Airstream Atlas but one of them that I was in at RV shows this fall had a bag that you took and placed the contents of on the windshield. Keeping track of where that heavy windshield cover is not my idea of an integrated solution. I have also wondered how the Remis hold up, need to ask people with a Winnebago View sometime.

edit: Luckyme1980 confirms in another thread that the side windows are the only things with the accordion blinds, the windshield gets a cloth barrier that hooks over the visors.

-Randy

Last edited:

Top Bottom