LED Headlight Bulbs???

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Here are pictures of the steps to install them. These bulbs were nice in having a removable collar so that they went into the bulb holders quite easily.

1. Unplug and remove the old bulb.
  2. Remove collar from the new bulb.
  3. Insert locking collar into bulb holder and re-attach retaining clip.
  4. Insert new LED bulb into locking collar.
  5. Plug in and test.
That removable collar is a great idea. Mine didn’t not have that and I had to remove the spring clip and then reinstall it after bulb was in, very fiddle, doable but fiddle.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Here are pictures of the steps to install them. These bulbs were nice in having a removable collar so that they went into the bulb holders quite easily.

1. Unplug and remove the old bulb.
  2. Remove collar from the new bulb.
  3. Insert locking collar into bulb holder and re-attach retaining clip.
  4. Insert new LED bulb into locking collar.
    [*]Plug in and test.
The pictures show a 110v plug. Do they provide an adapter for the H7 plug?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

PATECO

Just a heads up.

When I installed the first bulb, I was not super impressed with the light pattern and brightness. You can see in the picture below, that I had the bulb installed with the heat sink horizontal. After installing the second one, I realized that this put the LEDs facing up and down instead of side to side. I rotated both bulbs, and now the light pattern is excellent, and they provide much more light. In the pictures below, you can see how horizontal the pattern is, and how it lights the road, and not the overhead trees. When I was standing in front of it, it caused a lot of flare in the camera lens, but was not blinding to my eyes

Attachments

Last edited:

slow.sprinter

Was smiling when taking the delivery of the 2017 4x4 Sprinter 144" passenger van that I did not order the HID headlights since LED headlights are superior. The first thought I had was to replace the Halogen H7 headlight bulb with a state of the art LED H7 light bulb available any where on the market. This wish was shattered when I removed the head light socket to inspect the low beam H7 assembly. Pictures tell a thousand words as you can see from the attached pdf file.
HELP! I would really appreciate if anyone have a solution to this. Maybe some clever Chinese company already thought this out already. That would be wonderful.
:thinking:
Here's the --> Attachment
Did you ever find a solution to this? I bought a used 2017 Sprinter and bought some H7 LED bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs only to find that my bulb holder looks like yours so I can't use the LED bulbs I bought

az7000'

2007 Navion on a 2006 3500 chassis
Posted on other threads, I have $30 Amazon and they are still fine after 3 or so years.

Top Bottom