Alderson Mercedes in Midland, TX - don't go here!!

Rip-off. ;-( Transmission wouldn't go into gear while on the road, so had our Sprinter towed in. They verbally (first mistake) quoted me $500 for a fluid change and valve body inspection. THey dropped the pan, found shavings, but said they'd flush the unit to get me back on the road despite recommending installing a rebuilt; due to time constraints, this was my choice. They never pulled the valve body off, and reinstalled the pan and filled it without draining the TC (unknown to me, this would seem a no-brainer based on evidence and discussion). They charged just under $1000 for this. Our vehicle wouldn't go into gear a block out of the dealership, so we got pulled back in. After two days, they couldn't quote me a MB remanufactured or tell me when they could get one in, so I arranged to have a Silverstar rebuilt unit delivered for install. For this, they charged another $2500. Complained to MBNA, no help. Ongoing discussions, they offered to return $500. So $3000 to drop pan, replace two quarts fluid and then swap tranny. Not very happy. Would NOT document any detail of flush, et al on work order/receipt.

Had the unfortunate experience to replace this tranny recently; present mechanic found a couple bolts missing, loose, and a torque converter bolt cross-threaded. More reason to not go here if avoidable! Also the drive train spline shaft had been reinstalled incorrectly. Alderson also overtorqued all the pan bolts so when I put the deep sump pan on, I had to helicoil all of them - the body threads came off with the pan bolts. Hopefully last MB tranny work I have to have done!

Last edited:

Top Bottom