I like to call this the PNS (Produced Not Shipped lot for Sprinters.

sanomechanic

Peter Marx is Sprinter sales with MB of Mobile AL. Savvy guy.

Unfamiliar with markwestbmw, who claims to represent MB of Mobile, AL. Perhaps an alias or sales person at sister company.
Yes I know of Peter. If I told you who Mark was I would have to kill you. Top secret stuff.:smirk:

rvator

So let me add my Sprinter order and post delivery horror story...

Order our 2019 170 Cargo on 12- Dec-18.

It was built in Germany on 28-March-19.

Showed "Shipped" in the database for over 3 months... found out it was sitting on the dock in Germany...

We finally took delivery in Virginia on 3-Aug-19.

Our first trip was 23-August-19 (with ceiling fans, insulation and an aerobed to start). We drove 35 miles and the engine blew a cylinder thru the side of the engine! Total miles on van... 100.4 to be exact.

It took 4 weeks to get one of only 2 engines available in Germany and installed.

But wait... it gets better!

They did a test drive...got an engine light... the coolant was gone... no drips...
Filled the coolant and tested it again... same thing.

Now we wait for MB to inspect it and come up with a plan....

I've had a ton of new cars over the years.. including MB... can't believe how the quality has gone down along with the support.

Last edited:

glasseye

Oh, my paws and whiskers!
A stake-sided box! (near the prepping-to-leave transporters)
Dick prolly used to work in the remote sensing dept of the CIA. Just sayin' :hugs:

Must be bound for some farm in Nebraska. Excellent, if upmarket, hay bale mover.

Amazing that at least half the vehicles on the lot are cab-chassis units. RV market, I guess. :idunno:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
me said:
Oh, my paws and whiskers!
A stake-sided box! (near the prepping-to-leave transporters)
Dick prolly used to work in the remote sensing dept of the CIA. Just sayin' :hugs:
my lips are duct-taped: :censored:
Must be bound for some farm in Nebraska. Excellent, if upmarket, hay bale mover.

Amazing that at least half the vehicles on the lot are cab-chassis units. RV market, I guess. :idunno:
What really caused my reaction is that it was a body on a cab chassis...

Did they buy it from an outside supplier? Was the assembly crew having fun on a weekend?

--dick

Texas-Sprinter

So let me add my Sprinter order and post delivery horror story...

OWe drove 35 miles and the engine blew a cylinder thru the side of the engine! Total miles on van... 100.4 to be exact.
Can you give more info, pictures, etc? This is a catastrophic issue. I am interested to learn more about what happened?

sailquik

Anyone know how to determine the date that the map image of the big overfull un-shipped Sprinter parking lot was actually taken?
Thanks,
Roger

Top Bottom