2007 and up service manual

burns556

hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
hi was wondering if anyone had a 2007 and up service manual with powertrain troubleshooting in pdf format thanx
The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.

-Jon

wmlog

I have a CD - DaimlerChrysler Corporation Dodge 2006 VA (2006 & Earlier) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-06070CD with material applicable to all VA Sprinters. The Service Manual has 1458 pages, including wiring diagrams, the body section has 312 pages, the chassis section has 94 pages, the powertrain section has 292 pages, and the transmission section has 144 pages. I have collected a number of other VA applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. Using the Service Manual is like looking up material in a hard copy shop manual - all pages can be readily printed out in a .pdf format.

I have another CD - Dodge Techauthority Publication 2007 VB (2007 & Later) Sprinter Service Manual 81-370-07070CD with material applicable to all (2007 & later) VB Sprinters. This Service Manual is the same data that the Sprinter Technician refers to on his computer at the repair shop. I have collected a number of other VB applicable documents, also, and can provide them on a CD. All pages of the service manual or the wiring diagrams can be readily printed out.

Please PM me to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

dprice667

The service manual was provided on CD as a web application. Each page is encumbered with Active-X and no one's taken the time to convert the (close to 20,000) xml pages of content since it can only be read with a browser or cut-n-pasted into a word doc for eventual conversion to PDF.
Does anyone still have this? I deal with formatting XML-based technical documentation and help systems for a living; if somebody's got a copy of the CD I'm thinking I could probably get it into a set of reference PDFs with a little bit of work as long as their XML isn't too terrible.

-dp-

Compstall

Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..

icarus

The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus

Compstall

The CD only runs on Windows XP if I remember correctly. (I don't use mine ever!). I had to get a tossed out lap top from a friends discard pile, do a fresh install of XP to run it. (works good) So now I have a obsolete lap top, with only this application on it. Sort of a pain!

Icarus
I figured out how to run it on Windows 8. When the internet page opens, press F12 and run in IE9. IE10 doesn't work. Does yours hang on you between pages with the older laptop? I'm wondering if it's a Windows 8 problem, but whenever I click on a new page in the program I have to wait up to a minute for it to load. Can be very frustrating.

wmlog

Maybe there's a nice guy out there who paid the $300 dealer cost for the disk who will share the entire CD for free..
... see me earlier post ...

The CDs run great in Windows (at least in Windows XP and Windows 7) and you can print out any pages you want for reference ...

Last edited:

wmlog

I could not get the CD for the VB Sprinters to work in Internet Explorer 11 (it drove me nuts for some time), but it works great in IE10. These CDs are still available.

PM me if interested to discuss the availability of this material at a very reasonable cost.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
IE 10 allowed the user to specify viewing all web content in compatibility mode. Microsoft seems to have taken that away in IE11

To make matters worse, IE 11 doesn't allow you to specify local files for compatibility view. For whatever reason, it only accepts strings that start with http.

one.JPG

two.JPG

I worked around it by tossing up a linux webservice, populating the DocumentRoot with the Sprinter Service Manual document tree

Dir-Tree.jpg

If you can run a webservice like apache or IIS on your windows machine, that would probably work around the issue. I don't know. I can set up a CentOS webservice in about the same amount of time it would take me to download a webserver for my Windows laptop.

IE11-and-2007-Sprinter-Service-Manual.JPG

-Jon

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I'm not going to try the CD with IE11. I'm not sure where mine is at the moment and I have a working solution.

I do know that IE 11 will not take file://some/path/here/default.htm as a website to view "in compatibility mode." So I bet the CD is incompatible with IE 11.

In the grand scheme of things, needing to point IE 11 at a FILE URL like is a corner case. How many Windows systems need to add a uri of type FILE to the compatibility mode website list?

The number probably equals the number of people trying to use a seven year old CD on a modern computer.

The service manual should never have been a web-app. It should have been a stand-alone CD with no Microsoft browser + Active-X pre-requisite/minimum system requirement. It's just short sighted; the product of a bunch of amateurs working for Chrysler Publications trying to make a durable web application..... or worse, just a cog in the machine of conspiracy we call "planned obsolescence. "

-Jon

autostaretx

Erratic Member
jon said:
If you can run a webservice like apache or IIS on your windows machine, that would probably work around the issue.
A quick and easy way to set up a web server on your own little Windows 7 Home box is to download and install WAMP
(Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) from http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Free, very "lightweight", only runs when you want it to. No need to cut holes in your firewall, etc.etc.
(fantastic for esoteric web development, too)

--dick
p.s. welcome back to the living, Jon :thumbup:

Last edited:

vixentd

If anyone is interested in a version that will run on Windows 8 with the latest internet explorer you can pm me for further info.

flman

Not Offended
I am using XP running inside of a Virtualbox on a PC running openSUSE. I will never have any problems with the CD or the OS, or the browser. Since I am not going to waste the resources to boot windoze.

I may consider making an .ISO image of my service manual if any one is interested.

Top Bottom