Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 10-25-2018, 05:52 PM   #11
OldWest
T1N Westfalia

Default Re: Kitchen 15A fuse keeps blowing

Just an FYI: This thread is about the 12v system with the automotive type fuses behind the rear bench seat.

Autocamp posted on his Eat Drink blog that the fuse box had been turned upside down and the wrong fuse sizes used as a result (or something like that). So may want to confirm that the other fuses work for the right circuits so you're narrowing down to right circuits.

As you removed the various ac and upper kichen cabinets, a wire may have become dislodged.

When the driver side awning window was being fixed, the same fuse was blown a couple of times from the disconnected light wires touching by accident.

Please keep us posted.
OldWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #12
Adolphus

Good points. When it seemed like an intermittent problem 2 weeks ago the kitchen lights and fan wouldn’t turn on until a new fuse was used. Now those same lights and fan are inoperable since a new fuse blows immediately with all switches off. I tried to be careful but I may have to take off the cabinets +/- side awning trim again to ferret it out.
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:57 PM   #13
Adolphus

I just changed bulbs for the license plate light, then tried another fuse for the kitchen. Don’t think there’s any relation, but currently (no pun intended) all’s temporarily well. Now that’s wierd. Guess I’ll have to postpone further exploration until it blows a fuse again.
Adolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #14
grozier

If that is the same fuse as for the TV antenna booster, make sure nothing metal is touching the exposed connections back there. A zipper pull in the "sweater compartment" at the top of the closet once caused all sorts of trouble.