Anybody Wall-Mount Their Recessed Fire Extinguisher?

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
The Fire Extinguisher in the Murphy Bed 2017 model is recessed into the tall closet / cabinet behind the Passenger Seat. I plan to move it and fill that hole -- and then insert shelving up and down that cavity. I need to maximize the storage as best I can. This tall cabinet does not suit me well, as it is.

Has anybody wall-mounted their Fire Extinguisher? If yes, can you tell me which Wall-Mount is the correct one to buy. I've not installed these, so I'm a little mystified how the ones I find online work. Doi the units simply hang from a neck hook (trap)? Thanks.

QuadTips

2017 LTV Unity MB LL+
You can just use the mount that is part of the current extinguisher's assembly. I am going to move mine to the passenger side seat pedestal. How are you planning on filling the hole? I was thinking of some cloth and foam covering on a piece of ⅛" luan plywood.

imstilllarry

I moved mine with the included mount to the right side of the TV cabinet just under the cabinet top. It's completely out of the way yet very accessible.

As for the hole I planed to make a cover. Then got so used to using the bottom edge as a grab bar and also getting my flash light and other stuff in the bottom of the cabinet by just reaching in the door through the hole, I'm just leaving it as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
You can just use the mount that is part of the current extinguisher's assembly. I am going to move mine to the passenger side seat pedestal. How are you planning on filling the hole? I was thinking of some cloth and foam covering on a piece of ⅛" luan plywood.
Three options, I think (ImStillLarry offered a fourth in his comments above)...
1) Patch from the back with a filler piece of luan, covered with Belbien vinyl to match the full cabinet as close as possible.
2) Overlay an engraved or digitally-printed sign plate or picture, just to hide it. Something people might notice as they enter.
3) Add a small grab-handle with a backer plate large enough to cover the hole -- or, possibly, something to clip an umbrella into.

I plan to add 4 or so moveable shelves inside - but that interior is an odd shape. I will use small strips with pre-drilled shelf pin holes in each corner. For extra pairs of shoes, binoculars, camera, quick-grab items. Folded jackets and one or two hats. I tried using it for the traditional table post, longish bar-type tools (mop, etc.). They sure bang around and get tangled! I found myself removing everything to find what I needed. Or watching things tumble out when I opened the door. That got old real fast.

Based on your observation, I will hold-off on buying a new mount. Thanks.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Attachments

Top Bottom