NO LOCALISED FOR SALE SECTION.

SILVERFOX

hi all.

After owning three Merc vans over the last ten years I am reluctantly prepping my 415 LWB Van for sale in the next few weeks. Another Sprinter (probably a camper) is definately a possibility).

I have sold my business and at the moment have no need for it any more. It has been a bit of a throw up between getting rid of my 4.8 Ltr Patrol and the Sprinter. Strangely, the Sprinter does not have the same legal tow capacity as the Patrol's 3.5T. I have a large car trailer and is right on that when loaded. In reality the Sprinter actually does as good if not better job of towing 3.5T .....and with far better fuel economy.

Anyway, the real reason for the post is to ask for comment on the fact there is no localised for sale section on the Sprinter Forum even though we have a localised discussion section. I feel that if I post it on the main one it will just get swallowed up amongst ads mainly from USA. I have no problem with the main one other than that I feel most potential buyers in Australia would likely look elsewhere because of what I mentioned. Australia is its own market and quite isolated from the big main ones. What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Nick.
Yamba. NSW.

jaahn

Hi Nick :hmmm:
I say just put it here as that is where the 'locals' look.
We do post auction vehicles etc we see, here.
Good luck Jaahn

SILVERFOX

Yes. I was thinking the Moderators might prefer it being place in the main one. I am thinking we should ask if we can get one. It might be a good idea to have a main one along with localised regions. I think parts are OK as they can be freighted all over the world. But no one would import a van from the USA for example.
I encourage more discussion as I feel that if more are involved we will have a voice with mods.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Vic has been fine in the past with us just posting local "for sales" within the Oz forum. I'm sure he will let us know if this has changed, but for now just post it here like normal.

kayakkingoz

Posting it here in the Australia section makes sense to me. For sale or Parts
You are right, it would never get read if you put it in the main forum for sale section

mcguyver

So can you edit the header and this thread can become the for sale thread.

Ill start.

I have 2 of the middle windows that came out of MWB ( the sliding door and the opposite side.)
Make me an offer I cant refuse.
Pu in Brisbane

Last edited:

BritzSprinter

Ex Britz 313CDI Motorhome
Sounds good!

I have the middle section of a non step rear bumper collecting dust in my shed in Western Suburbs of Melbourne. I replaced it for one with a step.
Suits 07-18 NCV3.
Free for whoever wants it.

Cheers Chris

mcguyver

1 x 245/70r16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 on std Sprinter steel wheel. Tyre is almost as new.

Make me a reasonable offer.
pu in Brisbane.

SILVERFOX

McGuyver

Gday.

Yes good idea. However. The way this type of forum setup works is that Newly created posts go down and eventually off the first page. When someone posts a reply it comes back up and then starts its run off the page again. So unless it becomes a "sticky" or its own dedicated section within the Aussie/NZ section it can be hard to find. If it is not on the front page many people will not know to look at it. This is why I thought it would be a good idea to generate discussion. I do not know the admins but someone who does may be able to convince them it is a good idea. The principle here is that it is good we have the international for sales up in another part. But it is clearly dominated by American sales.

Main reasons for the need for a sales section in our part of the Forum:

In vehicle sales for example almost no one is going to import a second hand van from USA or anywhere else. Import costs would be prohibitive. So we can just about write the whole for vehicles for sale section off.

Most second hand parts are available in Australia and once again importing most second hand bits can be more expensive.

mcguyver

I agree mate. Not sure who the local mod is or id there even is one.

Having said that it is a very small forum and I have had better luck selling stuff on Gumtree and Facebook. after offering stuff on here first with no responses.

Top Bottom