Green Diesel Engineering Review: Bad

ecowhale

NC3V Campervan for Sale
They have caller ID and do not answer the phone to earn business. What I mean is they want an easy sale. If you start asking questions about their product for pre-sales purpose such as a call back for a question, they know you are calling them again based on caller ID and refuse to answer. They don't return messages.

Their product is way over priced. They need a competitor! Their product is merely software in an OBD device worth around $150 and maybe an hour of personal attention worth around $100, but they charge $700 for both (unethically advertised as $695 odd pricing to deceive you). They are greedy capitalists who only care about making easy money and don't care to make the world a better place.

If you use their product, your vehicle won't pass many state's smog / emissions testing.

Uncle Dave

2013 3500
Did you actually buy anything from them to review?

It seems like you didn't buy anything, but had some tiff with them so you are trashing their product.

You aren't actually posting a "review".

Are you 100% certain what you are saying is true about not passing smog?

I dont have any of stuff but run my own businesses and getting "reviews" by non clients is something Im sensitive to.

UD

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
You know what I find terrifying, as a non-business owner that (like most of us) relies heavily on thousands of different businesses in order to eat and survive? .. that there are so many self-rightous tyrants out there who feel entitled to the efforts of hard working and creative people while denying them a profit and simultaneously raging against their existence.

A business relationship is just that: a relationship, between people. One person brings only money to the table, the other brings something of value. An exchange takes place, and everyone benefits. Even if the exchange is unfair, everyone still benefits.

"The customer is always right" is a strategy applied to try to have a successful business. It's not literally true. Capitalism has made us all richer, but it has not made us all smarter :2cents:

D

Deleted member 50714

They have caller ID and do not answer the phone to earn business. What I mean is they want an easy sale. If you start asking questions about their product for pre-sales purpose such as a call back for a question, they know you are calling them again based on caller ID and refuse to answer. They don't return messages.

Their product is way over priced. They need a competitor! Their product is merely software in an OBD device worth around $150 and maybe an hour of personal attention worth around $100, but they charge $700 for both (unethically advertised as $695 odd pricing to deceive you). They are greedy capitalists who only care about making easy money and don't care to make the world a better place.

If you use their product, your vehicle won't pass many state's smog / emissions testing.
I would be reluctant to use such a product on my vehicle. My vehicle runs fine and when it doesn't, I will investigate why using various resources such as, among others, the collective wisdom of this forum.

Everyone's circumstances and financial resources very, late model sprinters are expensive to own and maintain. There exists two options, Pay others the long dollars for repairs or learn how to perform many repairs yourself. If you decide the latter, start studying because there's a lot to know and figure on buying a clone.

flman

Now you have 2 promotional threads to keep GDE at the top of the latest posts. How much is he paying you?

ecowhale

NC3V Campervan for Sale
Now you have 2 promotional threads to keep GDE at the top of the latest posts. How much is he paying you?
Not a promotion if you passed kindergarten (which apparently you didn't) and can read the title. Only GDE associates and affiliates (aka trolls) will read much past the headline.

johnshmit

I don't have any GDE compatible vehicles, but are willing to send him a few bucks to show my support.

johnshmit

Positive review would newer attract so much attention and actting as a joke makes it positive for the company.
Advertisers have to be very creative today

flman

Not a promotion if you passed kindergarten (which apparently you didn't) and can read the title. Only GDE associates and affiliates (aka trolls) will read much past the headline.
No such thing as bad publicity, and one fool on a soap box is not going to bring down GDE. :crazy:

lindenengineering

No such thing as bad publicity, and one fool on a soap box is not going to bring down GDE. :crazy:
Actually bad publicity is of often good publicity!
(Unless you are a shareholder of United Airlines stock at the moment )

I knew a fellow called Harry Straton who was a millionaire made from hard work and the printing business .
Who often advises that mild bad publicity got you noticed and brought more business to your door!
Dennis

flman

Actually bad publicity is of often good publicity!
(Unless you are a shareholder of United Airlines stock at the moment )

I knew a fellow called Harry Straton who was a millionaire made from hard work and the printing business .
Who often advises that mild bad publicity got you noticed and brought more business to your door!
Dennis
Look what it did for Ivanka, sales up 347%!

GreenDiesel

Green Diesel Engineering
LOL, this is funny. Ecowhale never purchased a GDE tune, otherwise his posts would be different. We work hard to return phone calls, but we do get a lot of them and I have missed some for sure. Email is the way to go for quicker response. We certainly don't pressure anyone to purchase our tuning. FYI, There is a reason we do not have much competition on any vehicle application we do...we are all mechanical engineers with about 40 years combined experience developing OEM level tuning with some past customers you might have heard of like Ford, GM and Chrysler. We are not aftermarket tuners, but vehicle calibration engineers. It takes us longer to develop tunes, but they are validated in hot/cold weather, towing and high altitude driving. A usual development cycle is 12-15 months. Additionally, our tuning pays for itself in about 40,000 miles on fuel economy savings alone for most drive cycles. Thanks for the support!

flman

LOL, this is funny. Ecowhale never purchased a GDE tune, otherwise his posts would be different. We work hard to return phone calls, but we do get a lot of them and I have missed some for sure. Email is the way to go for quicker response. We certainly don't pressure anyone to purchase our tuning. FYI, There is a reason we do not have much competition on any vehicle application we do...we are all mechanical engineers with about 40 years combined experience developing OEM level tuning with some past customers you might have heard of like Ford, GM and Chrysler. We are not aftermarket tuners, but vehicle calibration engineers. It takes us longer to develop tunes, but they are validated in hot/cold weather, towing and high altitude driving. A usual development cycle is 12-15 months. Additionally, our tuning pays for itself in about 40,000 miles on fuel economy savings alone for most drive cycles. Thanks for the support!
Keith, I am impressed that you are a tuner that actually tuned for the big 3! :thumbup:

GreenDiesel

Green Diesel Engineering
What's funny is that the "G" in "GDE" stands for "green".
Just goes along with reducing greenhouse gases with every tune by 10-17%, so 60-80 gr/mi less CO2 emitted. When the vehicle is calibrated for minimum fuel usage the particulates drop, hydrocarbon drops, carbon monoxide drops and NOx can increase. The Nox increase is in the range of 1% of the CO2 decrease, so very minimal. The name does have meaning behind it.

Top Bottom