ESPAR D-2 Digi-Max D1000 Troubles

18outrage

My Sprinter conversion has a Espar D-2 with a Digi-Max D1000 controller. I'd been having some issues, and decided to check the wiring. When I pulled apart the connector for the controller, the red wire fell out of the mating connector on the harness end. I also noted that the brown wire was not connected. Found some info in this forum that led me to believe the brown wire is not used with the D1000 - is this correct? Unable to pull the pin from the connector to reattach the red wire; I ended up disconnecting house batteries, cutting off the connectors and soldering the wires together, as follows:

D1000 Harness
Red Red
Yellow Yellow
Brown-White Brown-White
Grey-Red Grey-Red
Grey Grey
Blue-White Blue-White

Solid Brown harness wire is not connected.

Sadly, the controller has no display now, as if it has no power. The 30A and 5A fuses are fine. Any suggestions to bring this back to life?

Doug

18outrage

Fixed! I pulled the fresh water tank and plywood partition to get to the D-2. Measured 12v going into the D-2, but no voltage going to the controller. I then noticed a blade fuse holder built into the harness and replaced the blown 5A fuse... Now that I know the fuse is there, I can replace it, if needed, without pulling the water tank. :rad:

Doug

Top Bottom