L Track - Modular layout?

1911Shooter

Was curious if anyone ever tried using several rows of L track (recessed) to secure items such as seats and galleys, etc? Figure 4 on the floor and one on the wall will get it done.

Camping? Slide in galley and platform bed
People hauler? Slide in capt chairs
Day of shooting in the desert with some buddies? Capt chairs and galley

EricPDX

I recently purchased (on this forum) a modular sprinter. Here is the build link : https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44522

It's unit strut, not L track. At first I didn't like the strut and considered swapping it out for L track, but after having it a month, I've really come to appreciate the strut and the infinite possibilities it offers. Currently their is a cabinet attached with the strut that houses the solar panel. Last weekend I attached a prototype bedframe- will remove it tomorrow (should take a few minutes). I strapped all sorts of stuff we were hauling to walls and attached some d rings to the floor to hold down heavy items. For my next road trip I'm going to attach some shelving to the strut to store stuff on. I'm not real handy, so will eventually have someone build me a simple removable galley. In the meantime, I'm quite happy strapping my igloo water spigot to the wall when I go camping.

You'll find quite a few posts about securing seats to the floor with L track. To sum them up briefly, some people do it, but there are real concerns about liability/insurance issues in the event of an accident where someone gets injured.

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew
Was curious if anyone ever tried using several rows of L track (recessed) to secure items such as seats and galleys, etc? Figure 4 on the floor and one on the wall will get it done.
Yep. Three separate galley cabinets with l-track for walls and floor. See the setup here. I kept the original bench seat in the back rather than trying to make an l-track equivalent, but I'm gradually changing my mind about that.

I used flanged l-track. It also holds my floor and wall panels in place.

Unistrut, Power Strut, B-line, etc. is very strong and versatile. It should work fine for your purpose.

I've seen where it is used for additional seating. If properly anchored/installed it should be fine.

There are many fittings available.

http://www.unistrut.us/index.php?WP=S00_Fitting

For modular stuff I can see where the hinged fittings and other special designs may have some value.

Many of the fittings should even adapt to L-track with a bit of modification.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom