Dealers tells me 4,000 4x4s will be produced...

I got an email yesterday that my build slot for a 2019 4x4 is June. Im going to head down to the dealer today and pick options. He was given 3 4x4 build slots for the year, I am the last slot, which was a 2500 170 ext, I want a 2500 170 non ext. So he traded with another dealer and I am getting my 170 4x4 2500. Hopefully its not a pile!

AAAAHHH CCCCRRRAAPPPP!!! Just saw Ford is putting out an AWD option, with great motor options, 10speed, and no height increase, and because they are Ford I am sure the price will be MUCH more competitive. UGH!

Helm5

Just got a call from my dealer - He's building out a slot for May production > July delivery. Limited on Options (Comfort options on seats which is a dealer killer for my significant other) and colors so can't order what I went yet. June slot is my next target

IdleUp

I wish you guys luck but I would be real careful there has been a number of dealers hosing guys with BS 4x4 orders. Also should it arrive, or even before it arrives if a guy offers then $5K more than you paid you just lost your 4x4!

Regards - Mike

dynaco1

I understand that when MB dealers buy a production slot, they are required by MB to commit to the slot/unit by sending an electronic purchase order number.

When I placed my most recent order, I signed a copy of the build sheet with the dealers name, dealer number and purchase order number at the top. The dealer provided me with a copy of the build sheet with my signature, which appears to be a binding agreement between me and the dealer.

Perhaps not all dealers work this way.

Last edited:

IdleUp

I understand that when MB dealers buy a production slot, they are required by MB to commit to the slot/unit by sending an electronic purchase order number.

When I placed my most recent order, I signed a copy of the build sheet with the dealers name, dealer number and purchase order number at the top. The dealer provided me with a copy of the build sheet with my signature, which appears to be a binding agreement between me and the dealer.

Perhaps not all dealers work this way.
Thanks for the reply - its good to know that however there's a post on this forum that shows otherwise where they sold his van and ordered one from another state to replace it. Like I said if a buyer is going to pay another $5-10K chances are pretty good he'll be driving your van. While Mercedes is honorable the salesman are like animals with no ethics.

I would keep track on progress and delivery - I'm sure its not a widespread deal.

Mike

dynaco1

I can understand how a Sprinter dealer might pull out of a verbal or handshake deal if a buyer got cold feet or appeared to be lacking cash or means to finance. I am skeptical a dealer would breach a written agreement for a few thousand extra dollars.

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I can understand how a Sprinter dealer might pull out of a verbal or handshake deal if a buyer got cold feet or appeared to be lacking cash or means to finance. I am skeptical a dealer would breach a written agreement for a few thousand extra dollars.

I agree, only heard of one forum member who had his 4x4 van sold out from under him a few years back. Have not heard of any since. Doubt a salesman would have his job for long if they operated like that.

When I put my fully refundable $2000 deposit down on my 4x4 my name was assigned to the purchase order and I was provided a VIN once the factory accepted the order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dynaco1

I agree with gltrimble.

On several occasions, I have attempted to buy nicely-optioned new Sprinters off the dealer lot, which had been ordered by other customers and who were slow to take delivery. To their credit, the dealers would politely reject my offers. They demonstrated how faithful they can be to their customers, who had initiated the orders.

My last three new Sprinter special order experiences have been excellent. I get the feeling most Sprinter dealers understand how unique (picky) non-fleet buyers can be. Placing the most recent special order required six lengthy meetings before the factory accepted the order with the options I demanded.

The fleet manager, who accepted my first two orders, told my wife she must be a saint. Asked her why she was still married to me.

Last edited:

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
May seems to be the date they are firing up production. I just found out today the same thing...also that they are expanding 4x4 production...whatever that means.

JIB

Just recently? Any idea when they might be delivered/finished? Curious about the lead time on 4x4 Sprinters now. Lots of varied information. Thanks.
I was told that May production was delivery was no later than October here in WA, but I can't believe they won't beat that.

Jack

kfo

Does anyone have recommendations on how to find a dealer with 4x4 allocation? Or are they becoming more easily available through factory reps via dealer request, and can basically order with anyone with a good factory rep? Hard to navigate :/. Cheers

sanomechanic

I drove down to Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad from Orange County to build 4X4 after being on the Sprinter Sales Manager's wait list. Built my van at his desk. Wrote deposit check. Then the general sales manager handed my check back to me. Said the sales manager had no business selling me the van. Told me the Stores GM gave instructions not to sell the van. Too many managers. After spending over an hour at the desk. over an hour stuck in traffic to get there.

Hoehn Mercedes is not a good place to conduct business.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Just FYI.... Trailercraft (Freightliner) in Anchorage has a new, 2019 regular roof, white 144 cargo 4x4 listed at $57K.....

Last edited:

Top Bottom