Onan Microlite 2500 LP generator 50 hour service/oil change

Westy2005

I see that I have 51 hours on the generator and was about to change the oil but I can't seem to locate the oil drain. Has anyone managed to do their 50 hour servicing on this generator? Do you know where I can see the documents on changing the filter/oil?

Thanks!!!

Dan

What Next

Should have a hole on the bottom of the case , easy to drain. If it like my LTV hung behind rearaxle it is a slow process to put oil in. It will get easier every time you do it.

CAUTION:

The Microlite 2500 LP generator has a very sensitive low oil switch in the bottom of the pan. You must keep clean oil in it at all times. The first time you forget, the switch sees the crappy oil and trigger a kill switch. You must then disassemble the unit and replace the switch.

I only takes 1 quart of oil, so change the oil more frequently than normal.

driftless

Do any of you with 2500 LPs have one with a muffler? What is the part number?

Winnebago did not supply one and the 2500 LP sounds about 125dB. Supposed to sound 75dB according to Onan PR. Onan says cannot put a muffler on. It's either a muffler or I'm throwing the Onan out and installing a Honda.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Do any of you with 2500 LPs have one with a muffler? What is the part number?

Winnebago did not supply one and the 2500 LP sounds about 125dB. Supposed to sound 75dB according to Onan PR. Onan says cannot put a muffler on. It's either a muffler or I'm throwing the Onan out and installing a Honda.
The unit has an internal muffler already.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
I had my exhaust pipe rerouted out the back (elbow cut at outlet and standard small OD pipe slid over it and welded) and added a small (Tractor Supply) tractor muffler at the rear. I think it's important per manufacturer not to create too much back pressure. I added stainless scrub mesh into muffler chamber too. Drop in noise was never measured but I'd say was slight. Important result was noise and fumes a bit further away from main cabin.

AL

Top Bottom