One of the MANY reasons I will never have to serve jury duty:

D

Deleted member 50714

There exists two magic words that always gets me dismissed from Jury Duty. What are they?

D

Deleted member 50714

Neither you nor I will ever have to utter any words to get out of jury duty- we just check the box, and send it back.
Nope, tried it, street cops maybe but not correctional officers. Something to do with PC code 830.2 and 830.5.

Anyways, the second to the last time I was summoned, I was the first fricking one called to the box, juror number one. Damn! What do they call it, the vor dior process, I don't know, spelling might be wrong. Attorneys ask a whole bunch of questions and then moved onto the next victim.

One man was particularly adamant about not being seated on the jury, and the defense attorney grilled him and made him look like a complete idiot. At some point, I raised my hand and blurted-out, "I believe in jury nullification." The judge immediately woke-up, and announced a short recess. When we returned, I, and the man trying to squirm out of jury duty were excused.

The last time, an animal cruelty case, I was eager to be seated but never made to the box, and that completed my service.

I remember a professor said that the definition of a jury is, "12 people not smart enough to get out of jury duty."

Nope, tried it, street cops maybe but not correctional officers. Something to do with PC code 830.2 and 830.5.

Anyways, the second to the last time I was summoned, I was the first fricking one called to the box, juror number one. Damn! What do they call it, the vor dior process, I don't know, spelling might be wrong. Attorneys ask a whole bunch of questions and then moved onto the next victim.

One man was particularly adamant about not being seated on the jury, and the defense attorney grilled him and made him look like a complete idiot. At some point, I raised my hand and blurted-out, "I believe in jury nullification." The judge immediately woke-up, and announced a short recess. When we returned, I, and the man trying to squirm out of jury duty were excused.

The last time, an animal cruelty case, I was eager to be seated but never made to the box, and that completed my service.
I'm sorry to hear that, man.

Due to my vocation, I will never have to do jury duty for the rest of my life. :thumbup:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
"I believe in jury nullification" ... that's 5 words.

...and here i thought they were going to be: "Owns Sprinter" ... synonymous with "certifiably insane"

--dick

D

Deleted member 50714

"I believe in jury nullification" ... that's 5 words.

...and here i thought they were going to be: "Owns Sprinter" ... synonymous with "certifiably insane"

--dick
Can never get anything past you.:smirk:

Dougflas

DAD OWNER
If you want to get excused from jury duty, just say, " I would love to serve. Let's get the guilty bastards tried and sentenced". If someone asks "How do you know they are guilty?" just say "They got arrested didn't they?" Guaranteed you will not serve.

Pointyquill

Will being an electric scooter enthusiast get me out of jury duty? If so, I gotta try that. I love the guys "Woke AF" shirt in that video. Funny stuff.

Top Bottom