Removing interior sliding door handle 2014 M B. Sprinter

I want to remove the interior sliding door handle to my Sprinter MWB 2014. and leave it off.
I will not be using the door. I have already disengaged the Auto locking so I am just using it manually for now prior to lining the door.
By removing the interior SLIDING door handle I will have a flat face to fix my ply lining to for my RV conversion.
Thanks
Giacomo

sparkplug

Ciao Giacomo,

Se ho capito bene...

You want to essentially disable your sliding door so that it no longer opens?

It's pretty easy to remove the interior handle. You just need to remove the door panel trim so you can get inside the door and then there are just some bolts which you unscrew to remove the handle.

There is also a cable you will have to remove which is attached to the handle. This is the manual release for the locks, but you can leave the locks in place if you want and they will lock / unlock with the central locking.

While you are inside the door, you can also remove the cable which goes to the outside door handle so it doesn't matter if the door is locked or not because you won't be able to open it without the handles being connected to anything.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures when I was inside my sliding door so I can't really show you what I mean, but it's fairly obvious once you're in there.

There are a lot of cables so you just need to take your time looking at what they are connected to and make sure you pick the right ones....

In bocca al lupo!

Rodel1

I want to remove the interior sliding door handle to my Sprinter MWB 2014. and leave it off.
I will not be using the door. I have already disengaged the Auto locking so I am just using it manually for now prior to lining the door.
By removing the interior SLIDING door handle I will have a flat face to fix my ply lining to for my RV conversion.
Thanks
Giacomo
Hi there, I have a different problem but I have the same van as you, ex dhl and everything. I like the internal sliding door but I wish I could keep it open. Did you ever figure out how to stop the alarm when driving with it open? Additionally, the van automatically locks every time I remove the key from the ignition (even with me inside, so the alarm goes when I open a door) and automatically locks when I close the door on my way out again. Do you know how I can stop this? I've just had to call someone to help me get my key out of the car as it locked me out!

Top Bottom