Sprinter w903 / t1n 4x4 lower control arms (A arms )

Hello fellow Mercedes people , Im hoping a more experienced sprinter technician can advise me on a few things. Firstly I have a sprinter 2006 w903 4x4 allrad . The problem is drivers side front wheel looks and is physically more further back than the passenger . I heard on the grapevine there’s different kinds of Lower control arms that can cause this issue . Has anyone got the part number for the control arm that gets your wheel as far forward as poss ? I’ve put some new wheels and tires on it and it’s catching a little . Any advice welcome . Thank you

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Re: Sprinter w903 / t1n lower control arms (A arms )

Another possibility is that your front sub-frame has moved back on one side. Measure from the front of the sub-frame to the reference holes in the chassis to check position. I believe there have been posts in the Australian sub-section detailing this.

Keith.

Re: Sprinter w903 / t1n lower control arms (A arms )

This was a concern of mine but I’ve seen a few vans stripped down and I don’t remember there being any adjustment in the holes that the subframe bolts go through . Il have a look in morning of s van with no subframe and post a pic . Can you all see the pic ? Just a bit of eye candy for you , il head over the the Australian side then ! Cheers Keith

Jake

Ok guys been looking at a few control arms . I was comparing the measurement from the leading edge to the front of the ball joint housing . And the part numbers . All the ones I measured seem to be exactly the same disputes having differed endings to the part numbers . Still in the dark really .

Part numbers of 2wd vans : Control arms

90400 sg1
90400 sgg
90400 sgv
90400 sga

Part number from both my vans control arms are 90400 SGX

Thanks Keith il have a good read of that now . I did get under the van with a tape measure and the side in question is 3/4mm further back . The other side of the subframe has had a little knock so it’s weird that it’s this side pushed back .

lifeninja

Here’s a picture to look at
hi Sprinter Snake 316

wondering if you also had photos of the other side of your control arms? i’m trying to find replacement arms and determining if there is any difference compared to the 2Wd versions or if they are the same. thank you!

jaahn

Hi lifeninja :)
You have again gone to an old thread and addressed a member who has not been seen for a while. "Last seen Dec 15, 2020 "
You could try sending him a message by 'starting a conversation' which can be accessed by clicking on his name but he may not notice that you have asked.
OR you could just start a new thread. Think about what you want to know for a while, then put a heading that will show that main idea and then ask whatever you want to know and the put details of your vehicle so people know what you have.
Good luck Jaahn

Top Bottom