Reverse warning speaker fuse?

NJGCLLC

Hi I was wondering if the reverse speaker has a fuse or a relay? I park my truck in a residential area and the back up alarm at 12am is too much. But I enjoy it during the day. I’m going to run a bypass switch but I’d rather run it off the fuse box if I can vs from the rear end to front then back again... lots more work for me. I checked the book I don’t see anything.. if anyone has any idea lmk.

Thanks in advance Daniel

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I'm sure someone posted on here quite a while ago that if you put it into Reverse then Neutral then Reverse again in quick succession it partially muted the beeper.

Worth trying and costs nowt!

Keith.

NJGCLLC

Ya that’s no good. I have two 1 year olds I can’t risk waking them up. I just want to turn it off to pull into my driveway. I traced the wires back to under the seat. I just have to find where they go.

NJGCLLC

Btw I’m an Electrician. Before that I worked in a car stereo shop installing 12 systems so I’m not a noob . No one should just try this! Lol

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Could you wire a relay so when the headlights or sidelights(?) are on the beeper is silenced?

This is typically the case in the UK as it is illegal to sound a horn or warning device between the hours of 23:30 and 07:00.

Keith.

NJGCLLC

I could, i actually just plan on bypassing it with a switch. I just don’t know where the wire goes when it reaches the front seat.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
New to the subject and looking at last pdf that autostaretx attached, with rear camera the rear horn harness connects in rear left headliner.
I have passenger van with windows, so wonder if that would be high, or low.
Either way, doesn't look like easy way to install bypass switch, but I might disconnect it permanently.

Top Bottom