OBD2 connection issues

Neastev

Hi

Just purchased a 2013 Sprinter 310 and had the CEL come up. I have 2 scanner tools and neither of them will link with the ecu to display the codes. 1 scanner is a Autel ML912 which will link with the SRS/ABS modules no problem. When I try to link to the OBD engine module it cycles through CAN etc then fails to connect. There is a 12 volt signal on the OBD socket power pin and zero volts on pin 4. Both scan tools power up fine but just wont connect to the engine module. I even tried disconnecting the battery and linking tails (didn't think it would work) which didn't work. The van has been remapped, not sure if this would effect the diagnostic function??

Been through loads of the scanner info on the forum but nothing quite like this, any ideas would be appreciated :cheers:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Hi,

I can't find any info on your ML912 but some Autel MaxiLink scanners are only suitable for ABS/SRS (eg the ML619) so there is the possibility your ML912 is the same.

The most popular Autel scanners are the MD802 or newer MD808 ALL SYSTEMS.

Keith.

Neastev

Can confirm my Autel ML619 scanner (had the wrong number previously.....) does not work on my Sprinter 2013 310. Have also tried Nexpeak - no joy, Ebay cheapo - no joy and another ML619 (just to see) - no joy.

Note: All these scanners link to my son in laws 2007 Sprinter no problem. New van has more ecu modules so assume that's why there are access issues

Now just tried an Autel MAXIDAS DS808K (big tablet type), linked straight away and full ECU access. Exhaust temp sensor fault is the issue so happy days. Fault code P054615 and the 808 tool displays a lot of information about the code which is really pretty impressive.

So, in my experience...... if you need to access the newer vans then its the 808 as per Keith's note.

Cheers

Top Bottom