My junkyard T1N

Napzard

2 years ago I purchased this for 4K. It had 260k on it. Here are the junkyard pics.

You’ll notice the strategic photos. Well it needed a ton of work. It got new injectors and seals to fix the Black Death. They stuffed sponges underneath the valve cover to soak up the diesel smell. Nice junkyard trick. The sliding door was strapped close. They cut the wheel wells. This could have been a long video but it’s been cut down to two minutes. It’s a work in progress and my family uses it for weekend ball games. We don’t sleep in it.

Enough talking here’s the video:

https://youtu.be/RT85GjD80u0

Napzard

Body and paint took a long time just because I told my guy to take his time I was not in a rush. There must have been a few hundred little dings in it.

I purchase some new rear doors and he did his best to fix the damage in the rear but it’s nowhere near perfect.

I waited months and months for something on Craigslist to pop up for any 80/20 that folks were selling. Finally got a hit and three a few months later, another hit.

Napzard

This is my power center. It's a Goal Zero 3000, we don't full time. Just use it to run the fridge/freezer for the weekend, play PS4.

It just constantly evolves.

Last edited:

Jeremyscott

What's the difference in 80/20 vs LTrack? Just starting my 2015 conversion.
Re solar, I like your Goal Zero idea. Is that on the roof or just portable? If on roof, where? Behind or in front of a ventilation?>??

djsincla

What's the difference in 80/20 vs LTrack? Just starting my 2015 conversion.
Re solar, I like your Goal Zero idea. Is that on the roof or just portable? If on roof, where? Behind or in front of a ventilation?>??
80/20 is an aluminum framing system - square and rectangular profiles together with corner pieces etc. Make cabinets and beds out of 80/20.

L-Track is an aluminum track with hole in it you can use to attach stuff. L-Track is used in aircraft as a mounting point for aircraft seats. Airlines decide to reduce economy seat spacing by an 1", thy just attach seats to the L-Track with one less "hole". L-Track on the floor, walls, and roof make it each to add and remove cabinets etc.

Axiom

Mike from Florida Van Man
Love the junkyard Sprinter stories...

It's how I got my first Sprinter, and pretty much learned everything I know today. Except instead of a junkyard, it was in Bill's backyard :ROFLMAO:
Love the color you chose and the addition of a bench seat. Was it a former FedEx van?

Here's my little slideshow/film reel of working on my sporty shorty

Top Bottom