"ESP" and "Turbo" dash lights illuminate at the same time while driving

stoney500

"ESP" and "Turbo" dash lights illuminate at the same time while driving

Twice in two days this has happened, both times on the freeway moving at 60-65 mph. The very next time that I started the engine the lights did not return immediately. After the 1st time this happened which was the day before yesterday as I was heading home and I parked it for the night. Yesterday morning I started the van up and both lights did not appear until about 20 to 30 miles of freeway driving and then they lit up, both at the same time. Haven't done much research yet on this apparent added chapter on "How my life has changed since I purchased my used T1N." I will start looking in to this today. I just hope it isn't expensive.....again!

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
Re: "ESP" and "Turbo" dash lights illuminate at the same time while driving

I've yet to see a Turbo dash light , could you post a picture?
If it's a spinning wheel icon, could you have different sized tires on the vehicle? This will put both lights on and give a sense of hesitation in speed since the ABS is activated to slow the faster wheel down

stoney500

Re: "ESP" and "Turbo" dash lights illuminate at the same time while driving

You know, it just might be a spinning wheel icon. I didn't look real close when it illuminated just immediately thought it was a turbocharger icon. That makes more sense. Now, I haven't put any new tires on the front since I have owned the van but I am needing them soon. The rear tires are about 9 months old. All are 16" wheels and the profile is the same on all four. I never had any issues with tire size until these dash lights came on. I did have the van in the air for about two weeks with the front end off the ground. Maybe this is the cause. Can something get damaged by hanging?

Top Bottom