geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Afer some problems accessing the forum for the last hour or so, i'm able to get in but when I select the 'New posts' buttone i get a message saying;

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 19519 seconds.

I can access the various forums OK, it's just teh New Post option that gives an error.

Regards
geoff

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Afer some problems accessing the forum for the last hour or so, i'm able to get in but when I select the 'New posts' buttone i get a message saying;

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 19519 seconds.

I can access the various forums OK, it's just teh New Post option that gives an error.

Regards
geoff
Admin doing maintenance and or server off line or too busy to connect try again latter.
It's the bug on the U.S side,Server denial, with peak traffic load diversion.... nothing we can do but wait patiently before the Aussies can attack,,with-incommodious intel..:lol:
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I'll look it up if I have to, but I have read and heard on technology podcasts that Australia has one of the worse internet service providers because they have a limit on the download bandwidth.

If it happens in Australia, it stays in Australia (thank goodness!). :tongue: :smirk:

Geoff, did you clear your browser cookies?

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
The problem went away after about 15 minutes with no action on my part.

I put it down to whatever caused the access issue I had to sprinter-source.com for an hour or so prior to my reporting the problem. This was the only site I was unable to access.
FWIW, the number of seconds initially reported (as in 'try again in xxx seconds') turned out to be 6 hours. I have no idea if that's of any relevance (it's been a while since I worked on vBulletin)

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The problem went away after about 15 minutes with no action on my part.

I put it down to whatever caused the access issue I had to sprinter-source.com for an hour or so prior to my reporting the problem. This was the only site I was unable to access.
FWIW, the number of seconds initially reported (as in 'try again in xxx seconds') turned out to be 6 hours. I have no idea if that's of any relevance (it's been a while since I worked on vBulletin)
Geoff: Is this the sequencing that you are experiencing, after being able in part to come back on line with the forum.
not again (Custom).JPG
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. I don't know where that error comes from.

As for the 10 seconds, that's a setting so that no one overloads the system by clicking the "New Posts" link continuously.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. I don't know where that error comes from.

As for the 10 seconds, that's a setting so that no one overloads the system by clicking the "New Posts" link continuously.
I would ignore the last part of the time in seconds. How when it is in a continous loop, to get out of it you have no options but to log out and try again.
A strange string value allows you to access the forum only via left clicking sprinter-Forum . not via today's posts new posts or search, so a continuous anomaly exists.
Seek this has been repetitive, and when the forum is not accessible as to the forum not responding from the server, time outs, what ever , when it comes back on line that's when the above becomes an issue. [It's only again on this forum no where else.]
Is it a Cookie issue value on a string that is not formatted?
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Give me another forum so that I can see how they are running theirs.

MBUSA - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Shouldn't be, but most of the complaints have been coming from Australia.
Seek I'll put a different spin on it ,yes we have slow land-line right through to optic and more .but I'm not on slow band.
What has me wondering is how you have set the cookie for Time zones. (string$name[,string value[,int expire= o [, $domain {,bool $secure = false{,bool $htt ponly+false ]]]]]]
Note you may notice the expire parameter takes on a unix time-stamp as opposed to date format Wdy, DD-Mon -HHi ss GMT,this is because PHP does the conversion internally I think from what I can basically work out that the forum cookie won't be accessible by scripting language such as JavaScript.This setting when true will be made accessible through the http protocol.

Telstra did track your server and IP provider fro name, value, expire, path, domain, secure,httponly.

When the forum is not responding,for an hour , it's exceptionally noticeable the forum responses during [this time-frame has an update for new posts,..[ that are almost void of any postings during this period,] posting new thereafter do show, when the second phase line faults shows, with the repeating seconds locking you out of the forums today's posts.

And this is what Geoff has stated.. On your side the ponds postings inside of the Australian lock out period, they the postings do come through on the International side.

My question is are the settings for AEST time correctly configured as I can not find a AEST standard for the Eastern side of Australia, from Victoria through to Queensland. on tne forum time zone section... Geoff has IP experience maybe you two can work the bug out.
As an example of lock out, the only place it can occur on an International line is at the Singapore hub exchange . if one again states Sprinter-forum goes down , on a regular basis , then so would all US states on your side of your servers Ip exchanges.They don't just this particular forum.
That's the best I can come up with. a Cookie value on a false or corrupted. string.
Richard

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
When the forum is not responding,for an hour , it's exceptionally noticeable the forum responses during [this time-frame has an update for new posts,..[ that are almost void of any postings during this period,] posting new thereafter do show, when the second phase line faults shows, with the repeating seconds locking you out of the forums today's posts.
Please give me some feedback on this for the coming weeks. We just switched from a shared to a dedicated server so server issues are hopefully alleviated.

Top Bottom