Blowing water lines out

Oliver Guy

I had winterized my Unity in the fall with the pink stuff. Dewinterized unit yesterday getting ready to go away for a week. I may have to re-winterized when we get back and figured I would just blow the lines out with my air compressor.

The question I have is that I know valves A B & E need to be shut off, but do I leave valve D & C off as well? I know to turn valve C on when using RV antifreeze, so do I do the same when using air?

I’ve researched this for a few hours and can’t find the answer. My LTV manual explains the antifreeze process really well, but is somewhat vague on using the air method.

woundedpig

2018 Unity MB
Concept is the same as for winterizing with antifreeze. Whether winterizing with antifreeze or air, the water heater should be isolated. You have a Truma, and the manufacturer says that it should not be exposed to high air pressures or antifreeze. That means you must isolate the Truma Comfort Plus by closing valves "A", "B" & "E" and opening valve "C." Opening C connects the A & B lines.

Once the valves are set, you are ready to begin blowing everything out in the same way that you'd run antifreeze through it - blowing lines clear sequentially, starting from the rear of the coach and moving forward. Once all the faucets including shower, outside shower and toilet washing hose are blown out (hot and cold side) then open the D valve to empty the return line of water. Flush the commode to get rid of the water in this line, remove the screen filter from the city water inlet connector in the utility compartment, push the button in, making sure there is no pressure in the plumbing by opening faucets before you push in the button in or you can damage the internal O-ring. Finally blow out the black water tank flushing line. If you've got a macerator you've got to run some antifreeze through it - put some antifreeze in the black water tank through the toilet. Finally, put a cup of antifreeze down the P traps, shower drain, sink drains and you should be done.

Kernhead has a detailed writeup on this in this forum.

Normand

Would it not be easier just not to use the MH water s and carry bottles with you. As far as shower, use the one from campground?

Oliver Guy

Would it not be easier just not to use the MH water s and carry bottles with you. As far as shower, use the one from campground?
I have already dewinterized, otherwise yes that would have been an option. It’s supposed to get below freezing next week, and we thought it would be safe to dewinterize now ahead of our trip.

Top Bottom