Please include Geographic Location in Title & SELLER REMINDER LIST

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What the title says! Include the item location so that everyone would know to click on the thread.

20130411 edit:
A short reminder list for Sprinter listings

Location - Where it is located.
Contact Info - PM, phone, e-mail - your choice of any/all.
Price - What are you asking?

Model Year - T1N = NAFTA 2001 - 2006, NCV3 = NAFTA 2007 + up
Wheelbase - 118, 140, 158 or 144, 170
Roof Height - Cab Only (true "low" roof), Standard, High, Super High
Mileage - Please specify miles or kilometers
Style/Special - Passenger, Cargo, Conversion, Box Truck, etc.

For Conversions please include number of cylinders because model year can lag Conversion Year.

If no pictures:

Color
Rear windows?
Side windows?
Roof vents?
RV Conversion Manufacturer?

Last edited by a moderator:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Re: Please include Geographic Location in Title

...or put it in the "location" field in your profile (like Sikwan's "San Jose, CA" and my "Seattle")
If you're in Paris, please clarify with "France" or "Texas"

thanks
-dick

Neil2

Neil2

Thanks Sikwan, :bounce:

This has been an irritation to me since day one. :shifty: It's a common occurrence on the VW forums too. :hmmm: I usually look at the person's profile to try to determine their location but most of the time the bloke hasn't listed it there either. :idunno: That's when I really blow a fuse. :yell:So much wasted time and energy over the last year and can you imagine when the item listed is actually something I want/need?! :censored:

Again, thanks! :bow:

rb3232

this is a pet peeve of mine also......location and replying at the bottom of mail lists.......

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02

...or put it in the "location" field in your profile (like Sikwan's "San Jose, CA" and my "Seattle")
If you're in Paris, please clarify with "France" or "Texas"

thanks
-dick
This should be in the forum software...no location, no joiny:tongue: What's the big freakin secret?...Trust me, you're not that special, ...no one's going to come and find you:lol:

It's pertinent info throughout the forum, not just in the for sale section.

NCFX4

I think at least as important would be to put a big ‘SOLD’ in the header when the van is gone.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I think at least as important would be to put a big ‘SOLD’ in the header when the van is gone.
This should be possible by setting the prefix to SOLD now that the classifieds section editing time is unlimited (just found the setting).

NCFX4

This is my second suggestion to the directors of this forum...when an ad has 3 or 4 different buyers asking if a rig is still available with no answer the ad should be taken down.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, It is possible for Xenforo to provide a template when posting in a subforum/topic... Mu-43.com has one in their For Sale topic:
1600482268854.png

sikwan

06 Tin Can
This is my second suggestion to the directors of this forum...when an ad has 3 or 4 different buyers asking if a rig is still available with no answer the ad should be taken down.
If there are 3 or more, there's still a possibility that the seller is responding via Conversation (private message) and not to the thread. In addition, threads posted to the for sale section have unlimited editing time which include "soft deletions" or changing to the SOLD prefix.

Hi, It is possible for Xenforo to provide a template when posting in a subforum/topic... Mu-43.com has one in their For Sale topic:
I'll have to look into.

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Not perfect, but here are the required entries...

Location of Vehicle:
Contact Info:
Price:
Model Year:
Mileage:

Please start a test thread here...

...to test. Let me know if there is a missing field that you want "required." Please think in "simple" terms. We can't add every parameter (e.g. NCV3, T1N, etc.) because it's already a prefix in the title.

Once done, I'll activate them in the For Sale (vehicle only) section.

Last edited:

nctrailseeker

My biggest frustration lately of this forum is that 85% of the "New Member" here don't bother to fill out their location in their signature. Sure, it's not required for them to post their street address, but city and state would be great... or even just their state. But then you have the "New member" wanting to sale something or looking to buy something, and just begs everyone reading their post to ask them ..."where ya located?"... WHY??? Why not just make it a simple requirement to enter a legitimate location in the signature?

But then, not trying to stomp toes, but cannot honestly expect that from "New members" if old members haven't done it for the past 14 years.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Not perfect, but here are the required entries...

Location of Vehicle:
Contact Info:
Price:
Model Year:
Mileage:

Once done, I'll activate them in the For Sale (vehicle only) section.
I'm just going to make this live until someone complains. ;)

Last edited:

Top Bottom