Ordered 2018

Landsharkman

We just ordered a new 2018 Serenity, hopefully here by March 2018, looking forward to a lot of travel out here in the west

lovetokite

Same here, 2018 Serenity ordered with a late April delivery date. I went to the factory in Winnipeg before making this decision. Very impressed with the building process and quality. I like to be able to spend an occasional night in a cool town or an urban area in "Stealth" mode. That means no pull outs to activate a Murphy bed for example and no loud graphics that scream CAMPING! Initially I was considering Airstream, however the Interstate was just too tight and the new Atlas is too pricey, too many electric gimmicks, slide out needs to be activated to sleep and wasted space for a huge bathroom in my opinion. I understand one cannot get everything, but to me this is the best compromise out there.

hoosierrun

Here is one tip for your new 2018. I recommend the first thing you do is make a non-slip table cloth for your nice wood dinette table. That wood table scratches very easy. My wife used some non-slip cabinet liner (kind of a fabric that is like sticky plastic which she cut to size - someone else might have the name), and then we just use a regular plastic tablecloth (plastic top and soft fuzzy bottom).

geds

2018 Serenity
We traded a Winnebago Era for a 2018 Serenity with a scheduled date of early April. We were not favorably impressed with the quality of the Winnebago and decided LT does a much better job there. We are eager to pick it up and get back on the road!

hoosierrun

Read on the facebook forums about the crappy tire valve stems that break and replace them with Borg stems.
This problem occurs when external tire pressure/monitoring sensors (TPMS) are installed on the LTV equipped tire valve extensions. The extensions can not handle the added vibration caused by the long extenders. Most people change to the one piece solid valve stems with a supporting grommet before installing a TPMS.

Otherwise, I went over 18,000 miles with the original valve stems and extenders with no problems. Like everyone else, I went to the solid 1 piece valve stems when I decided to add TPMS.

geds

2018 Serenity
Picked it up last week and have been enjoying camping across PA and OH! The tank heaters and Truma hot water heater have done fine with temps in the low 20s. Very impressed with the quality. A word of caution, the securing cables for the rear door is a bit on the flimsy side and after dropping the rear compartment door (my fault) both snapped. I will have to replace them. And with the high winds in IA, the coach door was snatched out of my hand and pulled the screw out of the door strap. Should be an easy fix to screw it back in place. Ready for spring!

Oh, also installed the Equalizer leveling system and it works great!

hoosierrun

Picked it up last week and have been enjoying camping across PA and OH! The tank heaters and Truma hot water heater have done fine with temps in the low 20s. Very impressed with the quality. A word of caution, the securing cables for the rear door is a bit on the flimsy side and after dropping the rear compartment door (my fault) both snapped. I will have to replace them. And with the high winds in IA, the coach door was snatched out of my hand and pulled the screw out of the door strap. Should be an easy fix to screw it back in place. Ready for spring!

I had those cables pull out on the back door and installed new shorter/heavier cables so that the door opens only to the horizontal position. I also designed a prototype soft closer bracket to keep the door from slamming down. You may eventually have the cables on the other doors pull out, so you really have to slowly lower the doors with one hand until the cables are taught. This is a bit of a poor design and cost cutting effort that really shouldn't exist on a high quality coach IMHO.

lovetokite

was not aware of this "cable" issue. However, when I visited the factory I was very disappointed to see that door strap, struck me as extremely flimsy and to top it, you have to insert some steel Pin to keep the door in the open position.
Supposed to take delivery of my Serenity in the next couple of weeks...hopefully. It was supposed to be here already!

geds

2018 Serenity
I had those cables pull out on the back door and installed new shorter/heavier cables so that the door opens only to the horizontal position. I also designed a prototype soft closer bracket to keep the door from slamming down. You may eventually have the cables on the other doors pull out, so you really have to slowly lower the doors with one hand until the cables are taught. This is a bit of a poor design and cost cutting effort that really shouldn't exist on a high quality coach IMHO.
What did you use to replace the cables? And the coach door strap?

thanks!

hoosierrun

What did you use to replace the cables? And the coach door strap?

thanks!
Didn't mean the coach entrance door. So far that has been OK, but you have to watch out for gusty winds. My storage door cables have pulled loose or broke away from the attaching eyelets. Try not to ever let those drop on their own. I bought some heavier plastic coated aircraft stainless cable and some stainless steel eyelets. It takes a heck of a good crimping tool but I finally got them to where they hold good.

lovetokite

Didn't mean the coach entrance door. So far that has been OK, but you have to watch out for gusty winds. My storage door cables have pulled loose or broke away from the attaching eyelets. Try not to ever let those drop on their own. I bought some heavier plastic coated aircraft stainless cable and some stainless steel eyelets. It takes a heck of a good crimping tool but I finally got them to where they hold good.
would you mind sharing where you got those aircraft cables? Thank you

Top Bottom