Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

bikergar

Please post here your
  1. Month and year of manufacture
  2. Steering wheel buttons..yes or no
  3. Brief description of the screen (something so the rest of us can identify it)
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long)
  5. Results of your actions
Any suggestions you have to improve the table, post them. Please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't incorporate them. I am not very good at this and may not be able to keep up so it could be a big bust.

For the reset procedures for both the High End Dash (Steering wheel buttons), Standard Dash, and gleaned information go to this thread. ASSYST Reset and Results

gary

Last edited:

kmessinger

08 with no steering wheel buttons.

Followed the new reset instructions for Assyst to reach menu. Scrolled to "rolling test" used + button to turn it on. Emergency brake light comes on as well as SDS and (sorry) a couple of other lights. I did a roll back (just coasted) nothing noticed. Turn off with - button but the menu will no longer scroll and you have to turn the key off to get rid of rolling test.

Starting engine with new menu open does away with all of the oil can icon menu items but the others stay there. I did the roll test with engine running moving about 20 feet but noticed nothing.

Reset standard works according to new instructions. .31 and .51 reset correctly. Following the reset hold 0 until 2 appears then press 0 again does not work for "Reset" major maintenance" (two wrenches) reports not done, and "reset STOP" reports not done. BTW I would swear that the Reset with the two wrenches worked a couple of times but since I cannot duplicate a couple of times in a row I am not sure.

Resetting my ASSYST shows I am due a major maintenance in 10k but it should show a minor (1 wrench) maintenance.

On menu 5 I show CodE 208. Pressed +, -, held down 0 with no results.

On menu 6 the oil shown in quarts, mine says 9.4. Checking immediately after turning off engine it said 8.2 for just a couple of seconds. Could this be the amount of oil in the pan?

Regards.

Keith

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Thanks to Gary for the correction/clarification:

0=off
1=SRS
2=run
3=start

1. Month and year of manufacture July 2007
  2. Steering wheel buttons yes
  3. Brief description of the screen Odometer
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 2 (just before "start") clockwise, held "O" button down for 300 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed but the trip meter zeroed

3. Brief description of the screen ASSYST Screen (two wrenches, service B due in 7100 miles
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 2, just before "start" clockwise, held "O" button down for 300 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed

3. Brief description of the screen Odometer (buttons don't work to change anything in the "unlock" position)
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long) Key on, turned to position 1, held "O" button down for 90 seconds
  5. Results of your actions nothing changed

Last edited:

bikergar

08 with no steering wheel buttons.

Followed the new reset instructions for Assyst to reach menu. Scrolled to "rolling test" used + button to turn it on. Emergency brake light comes on as well as SDS and (sorry) a couple of other lights. I did a roll back (just coasted) nothing noticed. Turn off with - button but the menu will no longer scroll and you have to turn the key off to get rid of rolling test.

Starting engine with new menu open does away with all of the oil can icon menu items but the others stay there. I did the roll test with engine running moving about 20 feet but noticed nothing.

Reset standard works according to new instructions. .31 and .51 reset correctly. Following the reset hold 0 until 2 appears then press 0 again does not work for "Reset" major maintenance" (two wrenches) reports not done, and "reset STOP" reports not done. BTW I would swear that the Reset with the two wrenches worked a couple of times but since I cannot duplicate a couple of times in a row I am not sure.

Resetting my ASSYST shows I am due a major maintenance in 10k but it should show a minor (1 wrench) maintenance.

On menu 5 I show CodE 208. Pressed +, -, held down 0 with no results.

On menu 6 the oil shown in quarts, mine says 9.4. Checking immediately after turning off engine it said 8.2 for just a couple of seconds. Could this be the amount of oil in the pan?

Regards.

Keith
Keith

You do have a sense of adventure...:bow:I now put you on my "Hero" list. Are we fixin to do something that is un-doable?:crazy::rad:

Thanks
gary

kmessinger

Keith

You do have a sense of adventure...:bow:I now put you on my "Hero" list. Are we fixin to do something that is un-doable?:crazy::rad:

Thanks
gary
Hardly a hero, just a guy with too much time on my hands. I don't think "undoable" but you never know. My Sprinter is at the dealer now for a 30k service. I asked for a copy of faults. They said it the service light is not on there would not be any - I told them that they were incorrect. I want to see if any thing I pressed yesterday caused a fault. Maybe I should check my scanguage.

BTW, I provided all parts. The dealer, to change the cabin air filter, wanted $150.00:yell: WoW! I will change filters all day for that outrageous price

Regards,

Keith

bikergar

Keith

One of the really great things about this forum is we seem to prod each other into doing more for ourselves, led in the NCV3 section by he who shall remain nameless (Jon:shhh:).

$150.00 is nuts to change that filter. Its an easy one on the NCV3, I believe somewhat harder on the T1N.

gary

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Thanks, Gary.

I really do think that inflated filter prices - any consumables - are all subsidizing that insurance policy premium we think is a "paid-in-full" warranty agreement.

If I were wealthy, and bored, I'd pay Michael Moore to follow the money; even though Michael would probably find that the trail leads to a giant safe with Geraldo Rivera inside, looking puzzled.

-Jon

PS: That's probably the hidden answer to

"We lose money on every sale, but we make it up in volume."

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Good day all : I have tried the manual reset in a couple of sprinters this week, 07's & 08's. All resets came up as double wrench ? I played around with one with steering wheel buttons, using more of the actual steering wheel switches, to no avail.

A couple of the reset options seem more like system tests for a tech to carry out without a scan tool.
As for the "rolls test" by the sound of it, this may be for the ABS/ESP system. Jon if you look in the ABS module under Misc. functions this test will be in there. The rolls test or "rolling test" is used to verify ABS/ESP sensor values. Another possibility of the "rolling test" is for quick update of the TPM system ??
If time allows I will keep playing with these menus to see what they mean and do.
Gary: all the Sprinters I did this to had the 208 code in them.

Carl

kmessinger

Driving with the the fuel monitor on (the one with the Oh - I don't have the scroll number) the number flucuates from 53 to 427 depending on my stops and starts. My fuel gauge is 3 ticks down from full. Looks like this is measuring the slosh in the fuel tank from front to back. I did take a right and left turn which did not seem to cause any big difference in the numbers.

On menu 6 after the 30k service yesterday, what was reading 9.4 qts now reads 10.6. I was a quart low going into the service. Interesting also that this reads "qts" and not liters.

Regards,

Keith

bikergar

Driving with the the fuel monitor on (the one with the Oh - I don't have the scroll number) the number flucuates from 53 to 427 depending on my stops and starts. My fuel gauge is 3 ticks down from full. Looks like this is measuring the slosh in the fuel tank from front to back. I did take a right and left turn which did not seem to cause any big difference in the numbers.
Let us be creative...could this forward and rearward slosh produce a number that is used by the ASR in its computations? :thinking: :hmmm: :idunno:

On menu 6 after the 30k service yesterday, what was reading 9.4 qts now reads 10.6. I was a quart low going into the service. Interesting also that this reads "qts" and not liters.
The number makes sense as mine reads 10.3 and I'm halfway between dipstick marks. NAFTA US???

gary

march

1. Mfg Oct. 2007 Canadian vehicle in KMS
2. no steering wheel buttons
3. Screen kms, trip clock and temp C
4. I turn on key and vehicle km shows held o button down for several minutes to beep or change, tried again and hit M button first to get assyst km 15700 and held o button down again for several minutes - nothing. had oil changed recently from dealer.

Any idea what I did wrong?

bikergar

European members

Have any of our European members tried this?

On another note...I wonder if this portal has anything to do with an Assyst such as our European brothers have on their vehicles???

gary

Last edited:

folzag

Re: European members

"Any idea what I did wrong?"

Was your driver's door open? When doing some research on ASSYST I read on a Mercedes-Benz passenger car forum that you had to have the driver's door closed. I dunno, but I've only tried it with my door closed and it has worked for me three or four times now.

march

Re: European members

"Any idea what I did wrong?"

Was your driver's door open? When doing some research on ASSYST I read on a Mercedes-Benz passenger car forum that you had to have the driver's door closed. I dunno, but I've only tried it with my door closed and it has worked for me three or four times now.
Thanks door was closed.

bikergar

March

I don't have service due for a while (>1900 miles;1 month) so all I do is turn the key to position 2 and hold the 0 button until I have a big indent in my index finger :D: (about 30 seconds). When you first push the 0 your trip odometer will zero, but will return to original mileage upon beep (30 sec).

Gary

Last edited:

bikergar

Please post here your
  1. Month and year of manufacture
  2. Steering wheel buttons..yes or no
  3. Brief description of the screen (something so the rest of us can identify it)
  4. What you did specifically (buttons pushed and for how long)
  5. Results of your actions
Any suggestions you have to improve the table, post them. Please don't get your feelings hurt if I don't incorporate them. I am not very good at this and may not be able to keep up so it could be a big bust.

gary
  1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. Country vehicle was purchased in when new.
I think we need to add this. Currently we have a Canadian member who is unable to access the resets and soon I hope we will be hearing from our European members. :smilewink:

gary

kmessinger

I do know you have to be at the default screen before entering the ASSYST mode. That is the one that comes up when you turn the key to position 2.

I have tried to get to the ASSYST mode from other screen like miles to maintenance and from my mystery R5-1 screen with no results.

Regards,

Keith

march

I went just went out and tried the reset again and it worked!! Many apologies for wasting your time bikergar and folzag! I can't explain but must have preceeded the reset procedure with something. I was thinking it was because the Canadian vans are different in that they are shipped direct from Germany without reassembly, are in kms etc.. Anyway I am glad this works!! Thank you for your help!

Top Bottom